This semolina dumplings soup is made from beef and vegetables broth and served with semolina dumplings remains one of the must-have soup recipes on the family’s Sunday lunch menu.
Although the most famous and beloved soup is made from chicken or turkey, we often use beef or pork bone or a mix of these ingredients along with vegetables.
- 1 Why We Love This Soup?
- 2 Recipe Ingredients
- 3 Ingredients Notes
- 4 Preparing the Ingredients
- 5 How to Make the Semolina Dumplings Soup
- 6 Storage & Reheating
- 7 Serving the Dumplings Soup
- 8 Other Recipes You’ll Love
- 9 Semolina Dumplings Soup
Why We Love This Soup?
Because I make the soup from beef and vegetable broth, it contains a mix of flavours and vitamins that make it both tasty and very healthy.
And secondly, I will boil in the soup beef lean, from which I will make the main dish very much loved by us, beef with mashed potatoes and horseradish sauce, very tasty.
I will use a kilo of beef chop, which I will boil in the soup and then use in the main course.
Among the vegetables, I will use ten carrots (about 400 g), four parsley roots, a sweet yellow pepper, a piece of medium-sized yellow onion, half a celery root and a quarter of a head of cabbage.
Because I will serve the soup with dumplings, I need two more eggs and 250 g of semolina from which I will make dumplings.
For those who do not want to link the recipe of this soup to the main course, instead of beef loin, they can use beef or chicken bones or other poultry bones.
Anyone can replace cabbage or use celery stalks, leeks, potatoes or other vegetables.
If you don’t want to complicate yourself with dumplings or don’t like them, use noodles for soups; it will be delicious anyway.
Preparing the Ingredients
Because the meat is boneless and fat-free, I don’t have to do anything with it, and I’ll use it as such.
I have to wash and peel the vegetables, but I will leave them whole because I only need their taste, which they will release in broth.
How to Make the Semolina Dumplings Soup
Make the Beef and Vegetable Broth
The most important thing when making meat or bone broth is to boil them in cold water to get a clear soup without impurities.
So I put the meat in a soup pot, fill it with cold water and boil it, first at high temperature until it starts to boil.
When the water starts to boil, reduce the temperature to a minimum and let it simmer for at least an hour, depending on the type of meat used.
Here are two essential things; the first is not to add salt until later because the cooking will take longer. The second thing is that after five to ten minutes from the beginning of the boil, we gather the foam formed on top with a spoon so that the soup is cleaner.
After an hour of simmering, we can add the vegetables and season with a tablespoon of sea salt, a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, and one teaspoon of a vegetable mix for soups.
After another half hour of cooking, but necessarily over low heat, we pull the pot off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes so that we can continue.
Remove the vegetables from the soup and place them in a bowl and the boiled meat in another bowl.
According to everyone’s pleasures, we eat boiled vegetables next to semolina dumplings soup, adding one by one to the plate. I usually strain the broth left in the soup pot to get rid of any remaining pieces of meat or vegetables and get a clean and transparent liquid.
Make the Dumplings Batter
The dumpling dough is easy to make, and you can find it in detail in the world best turkey soup recipe. Beat the eggs well in a bowl, and then gradually add the semolina until everything is incorporated and you get a thicker paste.
Its texture should not be too hard or too soft so that we can form small dumplings with a fork.
Boiling the Dumplings
Put the soup pot with meat and vegetable broth on the fire and bring to a boil. If you think it is too concentrated, add more water, I put 750 ml. With a fork, we make small lumps that we put one by one in the pot to boil, but on very low heat, so that the dumplings do not disintegrate.
Continue until we finish the whole amount of dumplings batter and simmer for about 4-5 minutes; you will see that all the dumplings will rise to the surface.
Taste the soup if it needs to be seasoned; instead of salt, I added a tablespoon of a vegetable mix for soups, after which I added a half of a bunch of chopped parsley, wonderful.
This was my recipe for the semolina dumplings soup that I urge you to try and write me your opinion.
Storage & Reheating
After it has cooled, you can keep the soup in the fridge for up to three days, after which you can heat it in the microwave or even healthier it would be to put it on the fire and boil it for 1 minute.
If you want to eat vegetables, it is preferable to keep them in the refrigerator separately, not in the soup, because they spoil faster.
Serving the Dumplings Soup
It would be ideal for serving it hot, and with a bit of chilli pepper next to it, it is unique.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
If you try this semolina dumplings soup and you like it (which I’m convinced), I recommend some exciting recipes for soups from Hungarian cuisine and slightly modified in my style, such as:
- Romaine Lettuce Soup
- Smoked Sausage Potato Soup
- Sauerkraut Sausage Soup Recipe
- Best Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Creamy Kohlrabi Soup Recipe
- Best Green Pea Soup Recipe
- Best Healthy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Semolina Dumplings Soup
- Soup Pot
- mixing bowl
- 1 kg beef joint
- 400 g carrots 10 pieces
- 4 pieces parsley roots
- 1 piece Hungarian sweet pepper
- 1 piece onion
- ½ pieces celery root
- ¼ pieces cabbage
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 1+1/4 tbsp vegetable mix for soups
- ½ bunch parsley chopped
- 2 pieces eggs free range
- 250 g semolina coarse
- Wash and peel the vegetables, but leave them whole, don't cut it.
- Put the meat in a soup pot, fill it with cold water and boil it, first at high temperature until it starts to boil. When the water starts to boil, reduce the temperature to a minimum and let it simmer for at least an hour.
- After five to ten minutes from the beginning of the boil, gather the foam formed on top with a spoon.
- Add the vegetables and season with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and the vegetable mix for soups.
- After another half hour of cooking, pull the pot off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the soup and place them in a bowl and the boiled meat in another bowl.
- Put the soup pot with the broth on the fire and bring to a boil. If you think it is too concentrated, add more water, I put 750 ml.
- With a fork, make small lumps that are add by one in the pot to boil, but on very low heat.
- Continue until we finish the whole amount of dumplings batter and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with the vegetable mix for soups, after which I added a half of bunch of chopped parsley.
- Serve hot, and with a bit of chilli pepper next to it.