Because I don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen, let’s make an easy oven baked pork steak recipe today, which will be soft, juicy and very tasty.
Table of Contents
As you know, there are many options for cooking pork steak, from outdoor grilling to frying in the house, but I decided to make it in the oven, and I am convinced it will be delicious. And this is primarily because I chose to make it from pork neck, which is, in my opinion, the most suitable for this recipe.
If you want to make it in the pan, I recommend our recipe for pork steak with fries, which is also very popular in our family.
In this recipe, we will use only a few ingredients; the first is pork neck, of which I have six 1/2 inch slices (900 g), enough for four large portions.
I also used two sweet bell peppers, one green and one yellow, and about three garlic cloves. But of course, you can put peppers of whatever colour you want.
How to Make the Easy Oven Baked Pork Steak Recipe?
You will see how easy and fast this recipe can be, which does not require much experience in cooking, and you can get exceptional results.
Preparing the Ingredients
We first prepared an oven tray, and I chose one made of a ceramic oven roaster, suitable for this baked pork steak recipe. In this, we will place the slices of meat we have previously seasoned with sea salt, onion powder and freshly ground pepper.
I will add two marjoram teaspoons and a few thyme sprigs for more flavour. Of course, we also add the garlic cloves, the biggest ones I cut in half.
Place the bell peppers on top of the slices of meat, which I just cut in half. You can apply your imagination and add other vegetables, such as onions, leeks, and fruits.
Sprinkle with sunflower oil and 250 ml of lager beer to be more juicy and delicate.
Cover the tray with aluminium foil and place it in the preheated oven at 200 degrees.
Baking the Pork Steaks
Leave the tray in the oven for about 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 150 degrees and bake for 1 hour when taking off the foil.
Put the tray back in the oven and let it fry for 30-40 minutes until the meat is golden and the beer evaporates.
That was, in my opinion, the easy oven baked pork steak recipe, which is ready to serve.
Frequently Ask Questions (F.A.Q.)
How long do you cook pork steak in the oven?
The cooking time for a pork steak in the oven will depend on the thickness of the steak and the desired doneness.
Bake the pork steak in the preheated oven at 375-392°F (190-200°C) for 25-40 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) when measured with a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the steak.
It’s important to note that cooking times may vary depending on the steak’s thickness and the oven’s accuracy.
How do you make a good baked pork steak?
Tips for making an excellent pork steak in the oven:
Choose a good quality pork steak that is about 1 inch thick.
Allow the pork steak to come to room temperature before cooking to ensure even cooking.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the pork steak is cooked to a safe internal temperature.
Don’t overcook the pork steak; it will become dry and tough. It’s better to slightly undercook it and let it rest before serving.
Use a flavorful rub or marinade to add more flavour to the pork steak.
Searing the pork steak before baking helps to create a nice crust and seal in the juices.
Do you flip pork steaks in the oven?
Yes, it is a good idea to flip pork steaks at least once during cooking in the oven to ensure even cooking on both sides. You can flip the pork steak using tongs or a spatula. Be careful not to pierce the meat with the tongs, as this can cause the juices to escape and result in a dry pork steak.
Served the Pork Steaks in the Oven
Depending on your preferences and the occasion, there are many ways to serve oven-baked pork shoulder steaks. Here are some ideas:
- With a side dish: Serve the pork steak with a side dish such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, or a salad.
- With a sauce: Top the pork steak with a flavorful sauce such as barbecue sauce, apple sauce, mushroom sauce, or gravy.
- On a sandwich: Use sliced pork steak to make a sandwich with your favourite bread, toppings, and condiments.
- In a wrap or taco: Use sliced pork steak as a filling for a wrap or taco, along with your favourite veggies and sauces.
- On a bed of rice or quinoa: Serve the pork steak on a bed of rice or quinoa, along with your favourite vegetables.
- With a glaze: Glaze the pork steak with a mixture of honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger, and serve with steamed vegetables.
- In a stir-fry: Slice the pork steak thinly and stir-fry it with vegetables, noodles, and a sauce of your choice.
If you are a fan of baked pork meat, I recommend other pork recipes from our blog, such as:
- Fried Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- Simple Pork Tenderloin Stew Recipe
- Pork Shoulders Stew With Mushrooms And Sour Cream
- Cabbage Soup With Pork Meat
- Pork Meatballs Vegetable Soup
- Pork Steak in Air Fryer
- Pork and Sauerkraut Goulash
- Slow-Cooked Pork Shoulder in the Oven
- Braised Pork Knuckle Recipe
- Creamy Pork Stew Recipe
- Fried Pork Liver Recipe
We try to post delicious recipes from our and international cuisine regularly, so if you want to be up to date with our family recipe ideas, you can follow us on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages and our new YouTube channel.
Easy Oven Baked Pork Steak Recipe
- 1 ceramic tray
- 900 g pork neck 6 slice
- 1 piece yellow bell pepper
- 1 piece green bell pepper
- 3 pieces garlic cloves
- 250 ml beer lager
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 3 pieces springs of thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Place the slices of meat, which we have previously seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. add two teaspoons of marjoram and a few sprigs of thyme. Add the garlic cloves, the biggest ones I cut in half.
- Place the bell peppers on top of the slices of meat, which I just cut in half. Sprinkle with sunflower oil and lager beer.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven at 240 degrees. Leave the tray in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 150 degrees and bake from 1 hour when take off the foil. Put the tray back in the oven and let it fry for about 30-40 minutes until the meat has a golden colour and the beer evaporates.
- Serve it hot and with mashed potatoes, possibly with a cabbage or summer salad.