One of my favourite snacks is air fryer sweet potato wedges with paprika and oregano, an absolute pleasure to enjoy. I like them because they are not as crispy as fried potatoes, but they are more meaty and delicious, especially if served with a dip.
Table of Contents
I will show you how easy it is to cook this sweet potato recipe in the air fryer, and I recommend you to follow other recipes in the air fryer, such as:
- Air Fryer Doughnuts From Scratch
- Cosori Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Pork Steak in Air Fryer
- Rib Eye Steak in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
Why We Love the Sweet Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
These air fryer sweet potato wedges are indispensable when we serve tasty homemade hamburgers or enjoy them as snacks with a dip. This is because they are delicious, and I can prepare them quickly and easily.
I also find them much healthier than those fried in oil and much more convenient than making them in the oven, especially since the air fryer can circulate these wedges better and fry them on all sides.
For four servings of air fryer sweet potato wedges, I will use four larger pieces of sweet potatoes that I will peel and cut later.
Before frying, I will season them with some spices such as:
- A teaspoon of sea salt.
- Half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Half a teaspoon of onion powder.
- Half a teaspoon of dried oregano.
- A teaspoon of sweet paprika will give it a beautiful colour.
- Half a teaspoon of allspice.
How to Make the Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
Preparing the Sweet Potatoes
First, peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them into wedges, a little thicker than French fries, but they should be approximately equal in size.
Those who wish now can soak them in cold water for half an hour or even more; this way, part of the starch will dissolve from the potatoes, and this helps them to be more crunchy on the outside.
But then, you must wipe the potatoes well with a paper towel, so they are perfectly dry; otherwise, you will not get the desired effect.
We will season them; sprinkle all the presented ingredients and olive oil over the sweet potatoes, which will act as a binder, keep the spices stuck to the potatoes, and they will not stick to the air fryer basket.
Mix the sweet potato wedges well by hand until they are evenly covered with all the ingredients.
Choose an Air Fryer
Of course, to make this recipe, you need an air fryer; I recommend one like mine, a 5.5 l Cosori Air Fryer XXL, perfect for my family.
Usually, when I cook something in the air fryer, I prefer to preheat it first. That’s what I did, and now, while preparing the potatoes, I set it to preheat at 205 C (401 F) for five minutes.
I arrange the sweet potato wedges in the basket of the air fryer, if possible, on a single level to make it better and faster without adding extra oil.
Setting the Air Fryer
I set the air fryer to a temperature of 205 C (401 F) and fry them for 15 minutes, enough time to make them the way I like them. In fact, among the 11 presets, the Cosori XXL air fryer also has one for fries and recommends this temperature.
At the halfway point of the baking time, which the air fryer will announce with a sound signal, I take out the basket and shake it well so that the pieces of wedges turn and fry evenly.
Then I put the basket back and fry them further until the time expires.
And that’s it; in less than half an hour, I finished the air fryer sweet potato wedges recipe, which I can’t wait to serve.
Why won’t my sweet potato wedges go crispy?
The most common reasons are:
-the potatoes are not perfectly dry before putting them in the oven;
-you put too many at once, and the air cannot pass between them to fry;
Do you have to soak sweet potatoes before air frying?
I didn’t soak them, but if you want to increase the chance of making them crispy, I recommend soaking them in cold water for at least an hour to release the starch, after which wipe the wedges well with a paper towel to be perfectly dry.
How long do sweet potatoes take in the air fryer?
It depends on the size of the wedges and the type of air fryer, but I leave them between 15 and 20 minutes at 205 C (401 F) and halfway through the baking time, I shake them to turn to the other side.
Serving the Sweet Potato Wedges
I like to serve these delicious air fryer sweet potato wedges as appetizers or snacks with a dip such as chipotle mayo or Thai sweet chilli; they are amazing. But they fit just as well as a side dish with your favourite hamburger or the best-braised duck legs; it’s your choice.
As I said, these air fryer sweet potato recipe have become one of my favourite appetizers, and that’s why I want to recommend other unique recipes such as:
- Eggplant With Minced Pork
- Vegan Guacamole
- Spinach and Feta Rolls
- Creamy Mozzarella Polenta
- Battered Fried Zucchini
- Meatloaf Pate Recipe
- Zucchini Balls Recipe
- Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant Recipe
- Stuffed Mushrooms With Cheese and Bacon
- Best Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Recipe
If you want to see us at work, visit our new YouTube channel, where you can subscribe to be the first to receive our new recipe ideas.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 Cosori air fryer
- 1 mixing bowl
- 4 pieces sweet potatoes large size
- 1 tsp sea salt kosher
- ½ tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp paprika sweet
- ½ tsp allspice ground
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Peel, then cut the sweet potatoes into wedges approximately equal in size.
- Preheat the air fryer to 205 C (401 F) for five minutes.
- Sprinkle all the ingredients and olive oil over the sweet potatoes, and mix them well by hand until they are covered with all the ingredients.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges in the basket on a single level to fry it better and faster without adding extra oil.
- Fry them at 205 C (401 F) for 15 minutes.
- At the halfway point of the time, take out the basket and shake it well so that the pieces of wedges turn and fry evenly.
- Serve these delicious air fryer sweet potato wedges as appetizers or snacks with a dip or a side dish.