I thought I’d show you how to do it step by step in the basic easy meatloaf recipe, stuffed with cheddar cheese, yellow bell pepper and kapia pepper, a delicious dinner. It is a recipe loved by everyone and well known, in countless variations, this being closer to my soul.
Table of Contents
- What Ingredients to Use in Meatloaf?
- Preparing the Ingredients
- How to Make the Basic Easy Meatloaf Recipe?
- How to Bake the Meatloaf
- Meatloaf Serving Idea
As you know, meatloaf is a dish of ground meat that has been combined with other ingredients, after that is pan-formed by cooking it in a loaf pan. If the most common version is with minced beef, today I will choose the pork mince, which I think is juicier and more delicious.
If you want, you can also combine 50% pork with 50% beef, it will be just as tasty, it is important in my opinion to put a percentage of pork meat in meatloaf.
Also, in the area of Eastern Europe, it is fashionable for the meatloaf to be filled with hard-boiled eggs, I gave up this option and chose cheese and peppers for it. Through this basic easy meatloaf recipe, as well as the best turkey meatloaf recipe, they have become the family’s favourites.
What Ingredients to Use in Meatloaf?
We need first of all minced pork, with a little fat in it, about 800 g, but as I said you can also use a mixture of pork and beef.
It is to be mixed with two eggs, an onion, and a sprig of leek that we will finely chop in an electric chopper. The yellow bell pepper, kapia pepper and cheddar cheese will be used as a filling in the meatloaf.
The last ingredient would be bread, of which we soak in water about 4 slices. Whoever wants can put breadcrumbs instead of bread, but I prefer the first option.
Preparing the Ingredients
Start with the vegetables, which we clean and peel, cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds.
Cut the onion and leek coarsely to make them easier to chop with an electric chopper.
Bell pepper and kapia pepper after removing the seeds, I cut them into strips that I will put inside the meatloaf.
Cheddar cheese, which we also use as a filling, can be grated or sliced, this time I chose the second option.
How to Make the Basic Easy Meatloaf Recipe?
You will see that this recipe is not so complicated, we can even say that it is easy to make. To start, put the minced meat in a bowl in which we will mix all the ingredients. We start with the two eggs, which we break and put over the meat.
Season with a teaspoon of sea salt, a teaspoon of black pepper and two teaspoons of ground white pepper.
Put in turn the rest of the ingredients that we will pass through the electric chopper. The first time I put the soaked bread, which I squeezed out of the water and I make a paste out of it.
We do the same with leeks and onions.
Put all the ingredients in the bowl over the meat, and add another tablespoon of a vegetable mix for soups, half a tablespoon of sweet paprika powder and half a tablespoon of marjoram.
Mix everything well until you get a homogeneous paste.
How to Bake the Meatloaf
We need a loaf baking pan, in which we pour 50 ml of oil, I put sunflower, and we grease it well.
Put half of the meat paste in the form of baking and press it lightly with your fingers to level it and press it a little.
Next, the filling, we place the pepper strips along with the pasta, which will look beautiful when we cut a slice of meat.
Followed by slices of cheddar cheese and slices of pepper again.
Cover with the rest of the meat paste.
I level it nicely with my hand and give it a rounded shape. Here, there are some that cover the meat with smoked bacon or with a glaze, you can too, I prefer in this basic recipe to leave it like this.
Cover with aluminium foil, and put in the preheated oven at 180 degrees where we leave it for about 50 minutes.
After fifty minutes, remove the foil from the meatloaf, increase the temperature to 200 degrees and put the tray back for ten minutes.
After ten minutes, the meatloaf will have a beautiful, golden colour and will be ready to serve.
This is the basic easy meatloaf recipe, which I recommend you try, it is delicious. Let’s serve the dish.
Meatloaf Serving Idea
It can be served as cold, when it is even easier to slice, but also hot, as I served it with some boiled potatoes with a little parsley, it’s awesome!
If you like the basic easy meatloaf recipe and the pork meat, I recommend other recipes on our blog such as:
- Easy Oven Baked Pork Steak Recipe
- Fried Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- Simple Pork Tenderloin Stew Recipe
- Pork Shoulder Stew With Mushrooms
Basic Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- Start with the vegetables, which we clean and peel, cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Cut the onion and leek coarsely and the cheddar cheese sliced it. From bread soak in water about 4 slices.
- Put the minced meat in a bowl and put in turn the rest of the ingredients: eggs, sea salt, black and white peppers, vegetable mix, paprika and marjoram. Chopp in electric chopper the soaked and squeezed bread slice, the leek and the onion, then add to meat. Mix all verry well.
- Take a loaf baking pan, in which we pour sunflower oil, and grease it well. Put half of the meat paste in the form of baking, place the kapia pepper strips along with the pasta, followed by slices of cheddar cheese and slices of yellow pepper. Cover with the rest of the meat paste.
- Cover with aluminium foil, and put in the preheated oven at 180 degrees where we leave it for about 50 minutes. Remove the foil from the meatloaf, increase the temperature to 200 degrees and put the tray back for ten minutes.
- It can be served as cold, when it is even easier to slice, but also hot, as I served it with some boiled potatoes with a little parsley.