My spinach and feta rolls with cream cheese and leek are one of the easiest and fastest recipes for a delicious snack or appetizer. It is easy because we only need puff pastry or shortcrust pastry, which you can find in any store and a filling that can vary according to everyone’s imagination.
Table of Contents
The shape you give to this appetizer can also be different. That is, you can fill the puff pastry in a single roll and, after baking, cut it into slices or before slicing it and baking it in the form of swirls.
For the filling, I will use 350 g (12 oz) of fresh spinach, which I will finely chop and mix with 200 g (7 oz) of cream cheese and 100 g (3.5 oz) of feta cheese. For extra flavour, I will add a thin leek thread that I chop finely and an egg that will bind the filling a little.
With all these ingredients, I will fill a 375 g (13 oz) roll of puff pastry, enough for four generous appetizer portions.
How to Make the Spinach and Feta Rolls
You will see that the recipe is not complicated, so I will first make the filling, then I will fill and roll the puff pastry and bake it.
Make the Filling
Because the spinach leaves were pre-washed, I only have to chop them finely because I will use them raw and not pre-boiled or cooked.
After cutting the leek lengthwise into four, I will chop it finely and put it together with the chopped spinach in a mixing bowl.
On top of them, I add the cream cheese, crumbled feta cheese into smaller pieces and the whole free-range egg. Season with a teaspoon of sea salt, half a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper and a teaspoon of garlic powder.
I mix everything with a wooden spoon until I get a homogeneous paste, with which I will fill the puff pastry.
Fill the Puff Pastry
Spread the sheet of puff pastry on a work surface lined with flour so it does not stick. Or use my method, leaving it on the baking paper in which the puff pastry is packed and which I will also use for baking.
Spread the entire filling evenly over the sheet, leaving the edges free, and roll, closing the ends well so that the melted cheese does not run out.
Prick the dough with a fork, making small holes for the resulting steam to escape and brush on top with a beaten egg so that it is become shiny and has a lovely colour.
With the baking paper, place the roll in a baking tray and put it in the oven preheated to 180 C FAN (356 F) for 25-30 minutes until it becomes a beautiful golden colour.
That was all, and this was my spinach and feta rolls recipe, a delicious appetizer I invite you to taste.
Serving the Rolls
Cut the spinach and feta roulade into thicker slices and serve them both hot and cold as they are or with mayonnaise or tartar sauce on top; they are so finger-licking and tasty.
This recipe for spinach and feta rolls has become a much-loved appetizer in my family; that’s why I warmly recommend it, along with some other appetizer recipes from my blog, such as:
- Creamy Mozzarella Polenta
- Battered Fried Zucchini
- Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant Recipe
- Stuffed Mushrooms With Cheese and Bacon
- Best Smoked Salmon Cream Recipe
- Zucchini Balls Recipe
- Meatloaf Pate Recipe
Spinach And Feta Rolls
- 1 baking tray
- 350 g spinach washed
- 100 g feta cheese Greek
- 200 g cream cheese light
- 1 piece egg free-range
- 1 piece leek thin
- 375 g puff pastry rolled
- 1 tsp sea salt kosher
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 piece egg free-range
- Chopp the spinach finely, cut the leek lengthwise into four, chop it, and put it together in the mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, crumbled feta cheese into smaller pieces and the whole free-range egg.
- Season with sea salt freshly ground pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix everything with a wooden spoon until I get a homogeneous paste.
- Spread the entire amount of the filling evenly over the sheet, leaving the edges free, and roll, closing the ends well.
- Prick the dough with a fork, making small holes for the resulting steam to escape and brush on top with a beaten egg.
- With the baking paper, place the roll in a baking tray and put it in the oven preheated to 180 C FAN (356 F) for 25-30 minutes.
- Cut the spinach and feta roulade into thicker slices and serve them both hot and cold as they are or with mayonnaise or tartar sauce on top.