Is one of my family favourites, and the perfect recipe for dinner. Because the chicken breast with pineapple and mayonnaise is not a hot meal, is more like a salad, it can be consumed anytime with a glass of white wine.
Is a more modern recipe, our parents did not do that, first of all, they did not mix the tastes of salt with sweet, respectively, meat with fruits. By the ’90 s we started making this recipe that can be varied. Instead of the chicken breast, we can use any chicken meat cut into small pieces. And instead of pineapple, we can use other fruits such as peaches or canned fruits.
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Preparing the Ingredients
- 3 Let’s Prepare the Mayonnaise!
- 4 How to Make the Chicken Breast With Pineapple?
- 5 Finishing the Salad
- 6 How to Serve?
- 7 Chicken Breast Salad with Pineapple and Mayonnaise
I will use for this recipe about 500 g of chicken breast from which we will make a sauté to which we will add a finely chopped leek.
We still need pineapple and I chose to use canned pineapple because I need its canned juice both from sautéed the meat and thinning the mayonnaise. Ideally, we can make homemade mayonnaise, but it is also possible with mayonnaise from the supermarket, provided it is of good quality. I will show you both options.
Preparing the Ingredients
For starting, I clean the skin from the chicken breast and the fat, then I cut it into cubes, not very small, about 3-4 cm (1-1.5 inch).
Then I season the meat with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic powder, and I also put in 2 tbsp soy sauce. But be careful because soy sauce is salty and there will not be too much salt on the dish.
I also prepare the leek, which after I cleaned, I cut it in four and chopped it finely. Instead of leeks, you can use red onions, spring onions or shallots.
Take out the canned pineapple slices and cut them into cubes, about the size of pieces of meat. If you bought canned chopped pineapple, you don’t have to cut it anymore. Put the canned juice aside, we will use it too.
Let’s Prepare the Mayonnaise!
If you use commercial mayonnaise, put three tablespoons of mayonnaise in a bowl. To this, we add two tablespoons of Greek yoghurt, the rest of the pineapple juice and a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
or from two egg yolks and one spoon of mustard, I mixed with sunflower oil until I got a creamy mayonnaise. In the end, I put two tablespoons of fatty yoghurt ( I put Greek yoghurt) and I thinned the mayonnaise with lemon juice and a little pineapple juice. I seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
How to Make the Chicken Breast With Pineapple?
We’ll make a chicken breast sauté first. For this, I heat a deeper pan, in which I put olive oil (or pork lard). When the oil is hot, put the chicken to fry and stir until the pieces of meat turn white on all sides.
As the meat is seasoned, I don’t have to add just some thyme because I like it to fry a little too.
After the chicken pieces get colour, add the chopped leek and I left about two minutes to frying.
Then I put half quantity of pineapple cut into cubes and a little pineapple juice. I also added 50 ml of water, because the saute was too dry. Let it boil until the chicken is done.
After the meat was well made (I cooked around 15 minutes) pour all the contents into a bowl and let it cool. During this time I can prepare a home-made mayonnaise.
Finishing the Salad
After the meat has cooled, add the remaining pineapples and pour over the mayonnaise dressing and mix it slowly. It is important that the meat not be hot because mayonnaise can be cut when mixing.
Taste and season with more salt or lemon juice if you need, and put the bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes so that the flavours combine as well as possible.
That’s it, this was the chicken breast with pineapple and mayonnaise recipe, ready to serve.
How to Serve?
Serve the chicken breast with pineapple salad with fresh bread and with a glass of cold white wine. You’ll see will be delicious!
I recommend you try this salad recipe, and if you liked it you can also find other salad recipes on our blog such as:
- Green Bean Salad With Garlic Cream
- The Best Greek Salad Recipe
- Tomato Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- Grilled Apricot Salad Recipe
- Tomatoes Caprese Salad Recipe
- Best Homemade Chicken Salad Recipe
Chicken Breast Salad with Pineapple and Mayonnaise
- deeper pan
From chicken breast
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 435 g pineapple chunks canned
- 1 piece leek
- 2 tbsp soy sauce dark
- 1 teaspoon sea salt kosher
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- 100 ml olive oil for frying
From homemade mayonnaise dressing
- 2 pieces eggs yolks
- 1 tbsp french mustard
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 1/2 piece lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper freshly ground
From mayonnaise dressing
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 100 ml pineapple juice from can
- 1 tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp sea salt kosher
- 1/2 piece lemon juice
- For the first time we clean the skin of chicken skin and fat, then cut it into pieces not very small, about 3-4 cm (1-1.5 inch)
- Then season the meat with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic powder, and 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- Heat a deeper pan, in which we put olive oil (or pork lard). When the oil is hot, put the chicken to fry and stir until the pieces of meat turn white on all sides.
- After the chicken pieces get colour, add the chopped leek and the thyme and left about two minutes to frying.
- Add half quantity of pineapple cut in cubes, a little pineapple juice and 50 ml water. We let it boil until the chicken is done approximate 30 min.
- After the meat was made, we poured all the contents into a bowl and let it cool.
- During this time I prepared a home-made mayonnaise, two egg yolks and one spoon of mustard I rubbed with sunflower oil until I got a creamy mayonnaise. At the end I put two tablespoons of fatty yogurt ( I put Greek yogurt) and I lengthened the mayonnaise with lemon juice and a little pineapple juice. I seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Whoever wants can use the simple mayonnaise bought from the store and which can also be enriched with yoghurt, ground pepper, sea salt, pineapple juice and lemon juice.
- After the meat has cooled, pour over the mayonnaise and the rest of the pineapples and mix it slowly. It is important that the meat to not be very hot because the mayonnaise can be cut when mixing.
- Taste and season if you need with sea salt or lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh bread and white wine.
Hi, I am Timea and together with my husband Laci we decided to invite you to our virtual kitchen, see how to cook and how tasty the Transylvanian cuisine is.Learn more