This great puff pastry plum tart is a delicious and easy recipe that will be a hit at your next dinner party. This tart is perfect for showing off your cooking skills and will surprise your guests!
Table of Contents
This dessert is part of the category of fruit tarts, so simple to make that even a pastry beginner can make it and be proud of it. I will make this tart with plums because they are among my favourite fruits, but I recommend the apple shortcrust pastry recipe for those who want, for example, apples.
Let me show you the ingredients I used in this simple plum tart recipe from which I obtained four generous portions. Why only four? Because the tarts will be thin, crispy, and so tasty, four people in my family will eat an entire tray.
So you need the following:
- puff pastry, you need a sheet of 375 g, bought in the store; it is not worth making it yourself at home;
- plums, I used half a kilogram of ripe plums, sweet but not very soft, so that you can slice them;
- apricot jam; with that, I will spread the pastry sheet, which, in addition to the fact that it brings an extra flavour, helps fix the plum slices;
- brown sugar; it will be sprinkled over the plums to make them sweeter, and it will caramelize on top;
- cinnamon; this sweet spice goes perfectly with plums, enhancing the aroma;
- nutmeg; it’s my go-to for taking the dessert taste to another level.
How to Make the Puff Pastry Plum Tart?
Prepare the Plums
You will see that you only have a little work to do with this puff pastry plum tart, and all the preparations will take up to fifteen minutes. First, I have to prepare the plums, which after washing them, I cut in half and remove the pits.
After this, I will slice them, not very thin, because I don’t want the plums to melt in the pastry sheet.
Make the Tart
Next comes the most beautiful part of the recipe, namely the filling and decoration of the tart. First, I place my pastry sheet in an oven tray, together with the baking paper in which it is wrapped.
I make a notch two centimetres from and along the edge with a knife. So that during baking, the edges of the pastry sheet will grow and keep the filling inside, and it will not leak.
Spread about three tablespoons of apricot jam on the sheet, not exceeding the notch on edge.
Arrange the plum slices on the apricot jam to evenly occupy the entire surface of the pastry sheet. It depends on your imagination what shapes you want to get from this arrangement.
Sprinkle about three spoons of brown sugar, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and only a quarter of a teaspoon of nutmeg over the plums because it has a powerful aroma.
Put the pan in the oven preheated to 170 C (338 F) for twenty-five minutes until you get a copper-coloured crust.
And that’s it! This was my puff pastry plum tart recipe, ready in just a few minutes and ideal for a quick and tasty dessert.
The easiest way to serve this puff pastry plum tart is as I did, that is, cut a few generous slices while they are still warm and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. No one can resist them!
If you are on this page, it means that you are interested in desserts. Let me recommend some of my favourites:
- Hungarian plum dumplings
- gluten-free yoghurt cake
- best cottage cheese dumplings
- cream cheese filling crepes recipe
- floating island cake recipe
Puff Pastry Plum Tart
- 1 baking tray
- 375 g puff pastry one sheet
- 500 g plums ripe
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- Cut the plums in half, remove the pits, and slice them not very thin.
- Place the pastry sheet in an oven tray, together with the baking paper in which it is wrapped.
- Make a notch two centimetres from and along the edge with a knife.
- Spread the apricot jam on the sheet, not exceeding the notch on the edges.
- Arrange the plum slices on the apricot jam to evenly occupy the entire surface of the pastry sheet.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder over the plums.
- Cook in the preheated oven to 170 C (338 F) for twenty-five minutes until you get a copper-coloured crust.
- Serve this puff pastry plum tart while still warm, and sprinkle powdered sugar on the top.