When I want something sweet and comforting, I remember the cakes of my childhood. I thought I’d do it and show you, too, the best easy apple cake recipe with cinnamon and fresh apples.
Table of Contents
- Let’s See the Ingredients
- How to Make the Best Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- How to Serve?
- Follow Us
After I showed you non-baking recipes like raspberry cheesecake or frying dessert recipes like doughnuts or filling crepes, this will be a baked recipe. But you will see, it is an easy apple cake recipe.
As you know, the apple cake is a popular recipe with two main ingredients, dough and, of course, apples.
Let’s See the Ingredients
First, we need apples; I used about 1.5 kg of red, juicy and flavoured apples. This is the basic ingredient and will fill the two sheets of dough.
I used 150 g of caster sugar on apples, but if your apples are sweeter, you can reduce the amount of sugar. We will also flavour the apples with vanilla sugar and cinnamon.
We will make a simple dough without yeast that does not require sifting, for which I used half a kilogram of wheat flour.
We also need 250 g of unsalted butter, which I cut into cubes.
The following ingredients will be two whole eggs, about 100 g of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of baking powder.
How to Make the Best Easy Apple Cake Recipe
Prepare the Apples
You will see that this easy apple cake recipe is simple and very easy to make. In the beginning, we prepare the apples. To do this, we wash and clean the peel.
Grate the Apples
After I peel them off, I give them on the large grater.
Add the sugar and the juice from half a lemon (to keep a little colour) and set aside to release its juice. During this time, we can make the dough.
Make the Dough
In a mixing bowl, put the wheat flour, sugar and baking powder in and mix. Now we can add butter.
Knead the butter well in the flour, with two hands, until it is incorporated into the flour and obtain coarse dust.
We will add eggs, but before I like to beat them, incorporate them evenly.
Now pour the beaten eggs over the dough.
Knead the composition until we obtain a uniform dough. This should not take more than 5 minutes.
I did it by hand, but whoever wants it can use an electric dough mixer.
Now we make the dough sheets, and for this, we move the dough on a work surface, on which we spread a little wheat flour.
We cut the dough into two parts, and we will spread a sheet from each.
We will spread a sheet from each half of the dough after the size of the tray in which we bake the cake.
Make the Cake
We put the first dough sheet in the baking pan, cut the edges in surplus and with a fork, prick the dough from place to place.
We are going to add apples. For this, we squeeze well the grated apples off the left juice so as not to soak the dough sheet.
Add the vanilla sugar and cinnamon powder to the apple.
Mix and add the apples over the first sheet of dough.
We would sit on top of the second sheet of dough, cut the extra edges, and prick with a fork from place to place. With a kitchen brush, grease the dough with a beaten egg, and place the pan in the preheated oven at 160 degrees.
Baking the Apple Cake
Bake the cake until it turns golden, about 35-40 minutes.
As it is hot, we sprinkle the powdered sugar on top and let it cool completely.
See how easy it is? This is the best easy apple cake recipe from my childhood.
How to Serve?
After it has cooled, cut the apple cake in not too large pieces because they are very grainy, and place them on a plate.
If needed, you can sprinkle more powdered sugar on top.
If you like my easy apple cake recipe, I recommend you try the following dessert recipes:
Best Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- 1 baking tray
- 1.5 kg apples
- 150 g caster sugar
- 0.5 piece lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 500 g wheat flour
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 2 pieces whole eggs
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
On the Top
- 1 piece beaten whole egg
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Peel and grate the apples. Add the sugar and the juice from half a lemon (to keep a little colour) and set aside, to release its juice.
- In a larger bowl, put the wheat flour, sugar and baking powder, and mix it. Add the butter and knead the butter well in flour, with two hands, until it is incorporated into the flour and obtain a coarse dust.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the dough and knead the composition until we obtain a uniform dough. Remove the dough on a work surface, on which we spread a little wheat flour. Cut the dough into two parts, from each we will spread a sheet.
- Squeeze well the grated apples off the left juice, so as not to soak the dough sheet. Add the vanilla sugar and cinnamon powder to the apple.
- Put the first dough sheet in the baking pan, cut the edges in surplus and with a fork prick the dough from place to place. Add the apples over the first sheet of dough. Put on top, the second sheet of dough, cut the edges that were extra, and just prick with a fork from place to place. With a kitchen brush, grease the dough with a beaten egg
- Place the pan in the preheated oven at 160 degrees and bake the cake until it turns golden colour, about 35-40 minutes.