These air fryer honey garlic chicken wings are perfect for a fun and easy meal and taste great too! The air fryer is the perfect option if you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying way to eat chicken wings, and with a simple recipe and easy instructions, you’ll be cooking wings in no time.
Table of Contents
He cooked chicken wings in countless ways and with different ingredients, but this one seems to have become a family favourite, and I cook it quite often.
Why We Love the Honey Garlic Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer?
The first reason is the combination of honey and garlic goes perfectly with chicken wings, giving them a delicious taste. Then, the honey caramelizes over the wings’ skin, giving them a crunchy and sweet taste.
And last but not least, the wings are made faster by making them in the air fryer. Because I don’t use any oil, they are healthier, and the result is always perfect; you can’t go wrong with this air fryer chicken wings recipe.
If you want other delicious recipes made in the air fryer, I recommend some from our blog, such as:
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Doughnuts From Scratch
- Cosori Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Pork Steak in Air Fryer
- Ribeye Steak in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
Before I start cooking these delicious honey garlic air fryer chicken wings, let me show you the ingredients I used in the recipe.
You can use whole wings if you want, but for this recipe, I chose two-part chicken wings, which I will season with the following ingredients:
- one teaspoon of sea salt;
- half teaspoon of freshly ground pepper;
- one teaspoon of Hungarian mild paprika;
- one teaspoon of the dried vegetable mix for soups;
- one teaspoon of onion powder;
- three cloves of garlic, crushed;
- one tablespoon of olive oil;
- two teaspoons of honey;
- three sprigs of fresh thyme.
How to Make the Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings?
Preparing the Wings
As I was saying, in this air fryer recipe, I will use chicken wings in two joints because the third joint, the end of the wing, is thinner, has little meat and is the part that usually burns more quickly, so I will remove them by cutting.
After wiping them well of the moisture with a paper towel, I put the chicken wings in a bowl and added all the ingredients, including the crushed garlic. I mix them with my hand, massaging the wings so that the ingredients penetrate well into the skin.
For the taste of chicken wings made in the air fryer to be as excellent and aromatic as possible, let them rest in a cool place for at least half an hour or more to absorb as many flavours as possible.
Frying on One Side
Before you start frying, I recommend preheating the air fryer to 195 degrees Celsius so that the recommended frying time is used only for this purpose. Cosori air fryer devices have preset preheating options and countless other useful presets.
Grease the basket of the air fryer with a little oil or cooking spray, then place the chicken wings in a single layer, so they fry evenly.
Set the air fryer to 195 degrees Celsius (383 F) and let them fry for twenty-five minutes.
After 25 minutes, with the help of kitchen tongs, I will turn the wings over, and with a kitchen brush, I will brush them with a bit of honey. The honey will caramelize and give the wings a sweet and crunchy taste.
Frying on the Other Side
Continue frying at 195 degrees Celsius for another ten minutes, and that’s it. This was my air fryer honey garlic chicken wings recipe, finger-licking delicious and ready to be devoured by us.
Store and Reheat
If you have any of these wings left, which I don’t really think, put them in a plastic container and keep them in the fridge for up to three days.
You can reheat the air-fried chicken wings very quickly in the microwave oven or the air fryer, and they will be just as tasty.
This chicken wings recipe is made in the Cosori XXL Air Fryer, and all cooking times are calculated according to this device, which in my opinion, is one of the best on the market at the moment.
What are the best sauces for air fryer honey garlic chicken wings?
It depends on everyone’s taste, but the most loved ones are smoked BBQ, Buffalo sauce or blue cheese dressing.
What kind of side dish can I serve with chicken wings in the air fryer?
Can you make air fryer honey garlic chicken wings without honey?
You can replace honey with brown sugar or maple syrup, and of course, you can use sweet BBQ sauce for greasing.
I served these delicious air fryer honey garlic chicken wings without many side dishes, just with a garlic mayonnaise sauce and a tomato salad with olive oil.
If you are on this page, it means that you like chicken; let me show you some more chicken recipes that have been successful in my family:
- Chicken Salami Recipe
- Roasted Free-Range Chicken
- Garlic Butter Roasted Chicken
- Honey and Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
- Baked Stuffed Whole Chicken Recipe
- Air Fryer Duck Legs
I recommend you try this air fryer chicken wings recipe, and if you liked it, give us a like and follow us on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages to be up to date with what we are cooking today. You can also pin the dish for your recipe collection on Pinterest or follow us at work on our YouTube channel.
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 1 Cosori air fryer
- 1 kitchen tongue
- 1 glass bowl
- 1 kitchen brush
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 tsp sea salt kosher
- ½ tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp paprika Hungarian, mild
- 1 tsp vegetable mix dried
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 sprigs thyme fresh
- Remove the end of the wing by cutting it and putting it in the glass bowl.
- Add all the ingredients and mix them with your hand, massaging the wings so that the ingredients penetrate well into the skin.
- Let them rest in a cool place for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the air fryer to 195 degrees Celsius (383 F) for 4 minutes.
- Grease the air fryer basket with olive oil or cooking spray, then place the chicken wings in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer to 195 degrees Celsius (383 F) and fry for twenty-five minutes.
- With kitchen tongs, turn the wings over, and brush them with more honey.
- Continue frying at 195 degrees Celsius for another ten minutes.
- Serve them with garlic mayonnaise or BBQ sauce and raw vegetable or tomato salad.