In my opinion, the best turkey stew recipe is the one with influences from Hungarian cuisine, with paprika and mushrooms, and served with pasta. You lick your fingers so good and delicious it is!
Table of Contents
Turkey meat can be healthier than chicken if you buy quality meat. You can get turkey stew as tasty as chicken stew, but with a special texture.
It is an easy recipe and is prepared in a relatively short time.
I Only Used a Few Ingredients
I chose turkey breast, from which I used a beautiful piece of about 700 g.
But know it can be made just as well from boned turkey thighs.
The other ingredients were a piece of leek and about 500 g of white mushrooms.
And so, from these three ingredients, we will make a delicious turkey stew.
Prepare the Ingredients For the Stew
I cut the turkey breast into cubes, not too big, to cook faster.
I cleaned the mushrooms and chose to slice them, but I left the little ones whole.
And, of course, the leek, after I cleaned it, I cut it in half, then I sliced it thinly.
How to Cook the Best Turkey Stew Recipe?
Fry the Leak
Very simple, like any other stew, in a stockpot, heat about four tablespoons of sunflower oil (or goose fat) and in which we will fry the chopped leeks.
Fry for about two to three minutes, then add two tablespoons of sweet pepper paste. If you don’t have one, you can put a red bell pepper, finely chopped, or two tablespoons of sweet paprika powder.
Add the Meat
Stir and fry for another minute, after which we can add the turkey meat.
You will see how the meat will change colour, turn white but not fry, and start to boil in its own juice that will leave it.
Season with two teaspoons of sea salt and a teaspoon of ground pepper.
I added a glass of warm water (about 200 ml), put the lid on and let it boil for about 20-30 minutes over medium heat.
Now we can put the sliced mushrooms.
Stir, put the lid on and boil everything for another 15 minutes. The mushrooms will also leave water in them, but I added a glass of warm water to have more juice.
Make the Thickener
During this time, we start to make the thickener. For this, we put in a bowl two tablespoons of wheat flour.
I added half the amount of 300 ml of single cream to this.
Mix well with a spoon or a whisk, not to make lumps, and pour the rest of the single cream.
Thickening the Turkey Stew
With this sauce, we will thicken our stew. But for this, we have to equal the temperatures by putting a ladle of hot stew stock over the thickener.
Mix and pour everything into the pot in the stew.
Boil for another five minutes to cook the wheat flour in the thickener, put a tablespoon of chopped green parsley and be ready, and this is my best turkey stew recipe, ready to serve.
Serving the Stew
If you want, you can make and consume a summer salad with stew, as I did.
I also recommend other stew recipes such as:
- Best Homemade Beef Stew Recipe
- Hungarian Hunter’s Stew
- Best Lamb Stew Recipe
- Pork Shoulders Stew
- Best Vegetable Stew Recipe
Best Turkey Stew Recipe
- 1 Dutch oven pot
- 700 g turkey breast cut in cubes
- 500 g mushrooms white champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 1 piece leak sliced
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil or goose fat
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika paste or sweet paprika powder
- 2 teaspoon sea salt kosher
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 300 ml single cream or sour cream
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 250 g fusilli pasta
- Cut the turkey breast into cubes, but not too big, to cook faster. Clean the mushrooms and slice them, but left the little ones whole. The leek, after cleaned it, cut it in half, then sliced it thinly.
- Heat about four tablespoons of sunflower oil in which we will fry the chopped leeks. Fry for about two to three minutes, then add two tablespoons of sweet pepper paste. Stir and fry for another minute, after which we can add the turkey meat. Season and add a glass of warm water, put the lid on and let it boil for about 20-30 minutes, over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, stir, put the lid on and boil everything for another 15 minutes. The mushrooms will also leave water in them, but I added a glass of warm water to have more juice.
- Make the thickener from wheat flour and single cream. We have to equality the temperatures by putting a ladle of hot stew stock over the thickener. Mix and pour everything into the pot, over the stew. Boil for another five minutes to cook the wheat flour in the thickener, and put a tablespoon of chopped green parsley.
- Serve with boiled fusilli pasta.