If you have no idea what to cook for dinner, I recommend an easy cold pasta salad recipe, which besides being fast, is also tasty and light.
These salads do not require any culinary knowledge, they depend on the tastes and imagination of each. And of course the ingredients we have in the fridge.
Let Me Show You What Ingredients I Used
As pasta, I chose to use penne, about 250 g, depending on the number of servings.
I also used about 50 g of a mixture of spinach leaves, lettuce and arugula ( ruccola ). Other ingredients used were one bell pepper, a cucumber, fennel, about 150 g of red radishes and a bunch of spring onions.
Because I like to add something sweet to salads, I used two golden apples which will contrast with the rest of the ingredients.
And because I wanted to add some meat to the salad, I chose to put pork sausages, slightly smoked. If you want a vegetarian recipe, you can skip the sausages.
For extra flavors I needed to add dill, chives and lemon juice.
Preparing the Ingredients From the Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
First, we have to boil the pasta. For this, in a pot, we boil water with a little salt, and when the water boils, we add the pasta.
In the meantime, we are preparing our vegetables. For this, we take a larger bowl, in which we first put the pre-washed greens.
We wash and clean the other ingredients, after which we will cut them.
We start with spring onions, which we chop not very finely and put it over the greens.
Next is the red pepper, which we also cut into cubes and put in the bowl.
Do the same with the red radishes I sliced, the diced cucumbers and the chopped fennel.
Now we can add apples, also cut into cubes.
In the end, all we had to do was cut the sausages into cubes and chop the chives.
We put them in a bowl, and season with a tablespoon of sea salt, a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper, lemon juice and about 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
Also now I added a handful of chopped dill, over the salad.
Finishing the Salad
Meanwhile, if the pasta has boiled, pour it into a colander and let it drain and cool a bit.
But, while they are still hot, we will put them in a bowl over the salad, to better absorb all the flavours.
In order for the flavours to be homogenized, I recommend leaving the salad bowl to rest in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
Before serving, taste and if necessary season with salt and possibly olive oil, because the pasta will absorb a lot of oil. You can also add chopped chives on top of the salad.
Serving This Delicious Salad
It is served as such, at a romantic dinner, with a glass of white wine.
This is the easy cold pasta salad recipe, it is delicious, light and full of flavors.
If you liked the recipe, you can try other salad recipes on our blog, such as:
Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
- 250 g penne pasta
- 50 g greens mix
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 1 piece cucumber
- 1 piece fennel
- 150 g red radishes
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 200 g slightly smoked pork sausage
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch chives
- 2 pieces apples
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 piece lemon juice
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- First we have to boil the pasta. For this, in a pot we boil water with a little salt, and when the water boils, we add the pasta.
- Take a larger bowl, in which we first put the pre-washed greens. Wash and clean the rest of the ingredients, after which we will cut them. We start with spring onions, which we chop not very finely, next is the red pepper, which we also cut into cubes, do the same with the red radishes sliced, the diced cucumbers and the chopped fennel.
- Put all in the bowl on the greens, then add the cut in cubed apples, the sliced sausage and the chopped chives. Season with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Also now add a handful of chopped dill, over the salad.
- If the pasta has boiled, pour it into a colander and let it drain and cool a bit. While they are still hot, put them in a bowl over the salad, to better absorb all the flavours. Leave the salad bowl to rest in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Before serving, taste and if necessary season with more salt and olive oil,
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Hi, I am Timea and together with my husband Laci we decided to invite you to our virtual kitchen, see how to cook and how tasty the Transylvanian cuisine is.Learn more