This delicious avocado and mango salad are comforting and tasty, so I can’t miss them on a family’s menu. It is ideal for summer evenings with a grilled steak but can also be an easy and quick lunch.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Salad?
I like avocado and mango salad because using natural and organic ingredients, is very healthy and can be eaten by children, who will love it. Along with avocado and mango, you can add different ingredients from your kitchen, from onions and tomatoes to leftover chicken roast or fish.
It is a quick recipe, and it can be made by anyone in just ten minutes, resulting in a delicious lunch eaten as such or at dinner with different meats, especially those made on the grill.
I chose to make this salad from only four main ingredients, namely:
- Avocados, this wonder fruit, are especially healthy because it is rich in nutrients, vitamins, healthy fats and minerals;
- Mango, which contains few calories and will give a sweet taste to the salad;
- Spring Onions, for the taste of spring but which can be replaced with red onions;
- Sweet Corn, to make the salad more filling.
Of course, these ingredients need to be seasoned, but I will only use sea salt, freshly ground pepper, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
How to Make the Avocado and Mango Salad?
As for any other salad, we will follow the next steps: I will cut the ingredients into pieces, season them, mix them lightly and get ready, but let’s take them one at a time.
Preparing the Ingredients
First, I start with the avocados, which I cut in half, take out the seeds, and with a spoon, take out the core from the peel, which comes out quickly because the fruits are ripe and then slice them.
Next comes the baked mango, which I peeled first, sliced with a knife, passed through the kernel, and then cut into cubes.
I cut the spring onion into 2-2.5 cm (about 1 inch) pieces, but it depends on what size you want, and as I said, spring onions can replace with red onions.
Put all these ingredients in a bowl and add half a bunch of finely chopped parsley.
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the ingredients to give a sour taste and will prevent the avocado from darkening. Season with a teaspoon of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and add three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Lightly mix the ingredients with a spoon, taking care not to crush the avocado, which, being ripe, is quite soft. Let the salad cool for ten minutes so that the flavours of the ingredients harmonize, and then you can eat it.
This was my avocado and mango salad recipe, simple, light and incredibly delicious.
Serving the Salad
You can serve this avocado and mango salad on a plate with some lettuce leaves, becoming a healthy and leisurely lunch for those who are very busy.
For me, it is the ideal garnish for a BBQ party or with baked chicken legs; it is delicious.
The combination of ingredients in these types of salads depends on the imagination and tastes of each, so I recommend you review some salad recipes made me for the family:
- Tuna Corn Salad Recipe
- Mediterranean Cabbage Salad Recipe
- Butter Beans Salad Recipe
- Grilled Apricot Salad Recipe
- Tomato Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- The Best Greek Salad Recipe
- Green Bean Salad With Garlic Cream
- Tomatoes Caprese Salad Recipe
If you liked the recipe, give us a like and share it with your friends, and I am waiting for comments and ideas about how you made this avocado and mango salad and what you added or modified to it.
Avocado and Mango Salad
- 1 knife
- 1 chopping board
- 1 mixing bowl
- 2 pieces avocado ripe
- 1 piece mango ready to eat
- 6 threads spring onions
- 280 g sweet corn 1 can
- ½ piece lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Cut the avocados in half, take out the seeds, and with a spoon, take out the core from the peel and then slice them.
- Peel the mango, slice it with a knife, pass it through the kernel, and cut it into cubes.
- Cut the spring onion into 2-2.5 cm (about 1 inch) pieces.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and add half a bunch (2 tbsp) of finely chopped parsley.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Lightly mix the ingredients with a spoon and put the salad in the fridge for ten minutes.
- Serve the salad on a plate with some lettuce leaves or as a side dish near fried meat or BBQ.