Try this tasty meatloaf pate recipe, and you will have to get delicious pork, turkey, and vegetable spread ideal for breakfast or as an appetizer for dinner. Meat pate have many variants all over the world, this is a recipe I learned from my grandparents, and I adapted and modernized it according to my tastes.
Table of Contents
- Let Me Show You the Ingredients
- First I Prepare the Ingredients
- How to Make the Meatloaf Pate Recipe?
- How I Serve the Meat Pate?
If meatloaf is a dish made from minced meat stuffed with various vegetables, cheese, and eggs and put in a form and then baked in the oven as in a basic easy meatloaf recipe, this will be different, and I will do it in a completely different way.
It looks more like the best turkey meatloaf recipe, only there I used boiled turkey meat, from which I previously made a soup, and here I will use fresh pork and turkey.
As a general idea, I can tell you that I will first sauté the meat and vegetables cut into pieces until I get a kind of stew. After that, I will mince all these ingredients to get a paste, baking it in the oven.
Let Me Show You the Ingredients
The ingredients we need are about the same as the ones we usually use for soups, with root vegetables only they don’t use bones but lean meat.
As I said, I will combine two types of meat, namely a kilogram of pork shoulder and 850 g of turkey wings that I had at home. You can also use pork ham or neck, and you can omit or replace the turkey meat with beef, but the cooking time will be longer.
Among the vegetables, we need four carrots, two parsley roots, a quarter of celery root, two medium-sized yellow onions, half a red onion (you can put whole) and one red bell pepper.
The rest of the ingredients with which I will season this great meatloaf pate I will list along the way.
First I Prepare the Ingredients
As usual, I first prepare all the ingredients and then start cooking. I start with the pork that I will cut into not too big cubes to cook faster, and with the turkey wings, I will miss the meat from the bones from the beginning to work more quickly later.
I peeled the vegetables, washed them, removed the seeds from the peppers, and they were ready to be cut.
I’ll start with the onion that I will cut into julienne, not very thin because it will soften and cook quickly anyway.
I cut the carrots into slices one centimetre thick. The size doesn’t matter because it will mince them anyway; it is essential to cook as soon as possible.
I also cut the parsley roots into rounds and the celery roots into pieces approximately equal to the others.
I first cut the red pepper into strips and then into square shapes, about the same size, but I repeat, do not bother to be perfect because they will not remain in the same form.
How to Make the Meatloaf Pate Recipe?
So my recipe has three parts; first, I will sauté all the ingredients and simmer until I get a stew, then grind them, and at the end, I will bake them.
I Sauté the Ingredients and Make a Stew
As in any other stew recipe, I start by frying onions, so I heat 100 ml of sunflower oil in my Dutch oven (or any other pot) and put the sliced onions. Fry them over medium heat for about a minute, just enough to soften, stirring with a wooden spoon.
I add the rest of the chopped vegetables and let them cook for about five minutes, stirring from time to time to give a unique taste to the dish.
Now we can add the meat cut into cubes so that it also takes on a little colour and takes from the aromas of the vegetables, for about three minutes, during which time we season the ingredients.
Following is a long list of flavours that I like to use, namely:
- 2 tsp of sea salt.
- 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- 1 tbsp of sweet paprika.
- 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- 1 tsp of dried chilli.
- 1/2 tsp of caraway.
- 1 tbsp of a vegetable mix for soups
- 1 tbsp of dried marjoram.
These are the essential spices in my kitchen, and I always use them in my recipes.
Now add hot water (I put about 300 ml), almost enough to cover the ingredients and let it boil over low heat, under the lid, for about an hour.
If the water drops too much, you can add more so that the stew does not burn, but after one hour, all the ingredients, including the meat, become soft and juicy.
We Mince Them and Make a Paste
The second part of the recipe follows I will pass the ingredients through the electric mincer and make the pate.
I will remove the ingredients with a spoon, taking care to put as little liquid as possible, only the solid elements in the electric meat grinder (or electric mixer), and I will grind them very finely to obtain a paste.
To adjust the consistency of the pate, I will first add the liquid ingredients, i.e. 50 grammes of melted butter and three tablespoons of French mustard, on which I will mix them to incorporate them better into the pasta.
Season again with a teaspoon of sea salt, one teaspoon of freshly ground white pepper, one tablespoon of a vegetable mix for soups and one tablespoon of dried marjoram. I added four tablespoons of breadcrumbs that will absorb the excess liquid and clot the pate so as not to be too soft.
Baking the Pate
I am preparing a baking tray; today, I prefer a heat-resistant glass, which I grease generously with butter everywhere.
I put all the composition in the tray and level it so that it is uniform everywhere, after which I will put it in the oven.
First, preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius, insert the tray and leave it for about 15 minutes until it gets a copper colour.
That’s all; this was my meatloaf pate recipe, made in my style and our taste that I hope will delight you too.
How I Serve the Meat Pate?
This meatloaf pate can be served both hot and cold, and it is even more delicious the day after the flavours combine better. It can be served both for breakfast or as sandwiches and as an appetizer, as I like it, spread on toast and with cucumbers or tomatoes next to it; they are delicious.
If you have tried and liked my meatloaf pate recipe, I recommend other appetizer recipes from our blog, such as:
- Zucchini Balls Recipe
- Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant Recipe
- Stuffed Mushrooms With Cheese and Bacon
- Best Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Recipe
Meatloaf Pate Recipe
- 1 Dutch oven pot
- 1 electric meat mincer
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 glass oven tray
For the Stew
- 1 kg pork shoulder
- 850 g turkey wings
- 2 pieces yellow onions medium size
- ½ pieces red onion medium size
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 4 pieces carrots
- 2 pieces parsley roots
- ¼ pieces celery root
- 2 tsp sea salt kosher
- 1 tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes dried
- ½ tsp caraway powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable mix for soups
- 1 tbsp marjoram dried
- 100 ml sunflower oil
For the Pate
- 50 g butter melted
- 3 tbsp French mustard
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable mix for soups
- 1 tsp sea salt kosher
- 1 tsp ground white pepper freshly ground
- Cut the pork shoulder into cubes, bone the turkey wings, and cut them into smaller pieces. Cut the onions into julienne and the vegetable roots into slices.
- Heat the sunflower oil in the Dutch oven (or any other pot) and put the sliced onions to fry over medium heat for about a minute. Add the rest of the chopped vegetables and let them cook for about five minutes, stirring.
- Add the meat cut into cubes and fry to take on a little colour for about three minutes.
- Season with sea salt, ground pepper, paprika, garlic, chilli, caraway, vegetable mix and marjoram. Pour warm water and simmer for one hour.
- Remove the ingredients from stew with a spoon, put as little liquid as possible in the electric meat grinder (or electric mixer), and grind them very finely to obtain a paste.
- Add the liquid ingredients, i.e. the melted butter and the French mustard, and mix them to incorporate them better in the pasta.
- Season again with sea salt, freshly ground white pepper, vegetable mix for soups, dried marjoram and breadcrumbs. Mix again to blend.
- Take a baking tray and grease generously with butter. Put all the composition in the tray and level it. Put in the preheated oven at 220 Celsius and bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread on toast and serve with cucumbers or tomatoes next to it.