Let me show you one of the first desserts I learned to make, namely an easy cinnamon apple pancakes recipe and which we will serve with maple syrup and strawberries. It is a delicious dessert that is prepared in a relatively short time, but it is very loved especially by children.
Pancake recipes are very popular all over the world and are very varied. The batter can be made thicker, as we will do today, or thinner, obtaining the well-known crepes, which we presented in the cream cheese filling crepes recipe.
Also, the pancake batter can be simple, and the pancakes are eaten with apple sauce on top, or as we do today, with apples incorporated in the batter.
Let’s See the Ingredients
We will largely follow the basic recipes, but with a few minor changes. So we will use in the batter recipe, the basic ingredients: flour, eggs, milk, to which we will add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
In this pancake batter, we will incorporate two grated apples, cinnamon, vanilla sugar and some raisins, which I had at home and I decided to use. If you don’t have raisins, you can leave them out of the recipe, no problem.
How to Make Butter for This Easy Cinnamon Apple Pancakes Recipe?
For this, I first decided to soak the raisins in warm water and a teaspoon of rum essence. You will see that you will feel a little rum aroma in the pancakes.
In a bowl, put a cup of wheat flour, about 200 g, and add one tablespoon of vanilla sugar, a teaspoon of baking powder and half a teaspoon of baking soda. Add a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of sugar, then mix them a little with a whisk.
Over the flour, add two whole eggs and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Cinnamon is an ingredient that goes very well with apples, and I like it to feel in pancakes.
And now we add a cup of milk over the rest of the ingredients.
Using a whisk, or a hand mixer like I did, mix everything until we get a uniform composition. It doesn’t matter if you think you got a thin batter after you put the apples and let it sit for a while, the dough will thicken.
Now we peel the apples. That’s why I chose to do this operation now so that the apples do not change colour and become brown.
Grate the apples on a large grater, then add them to the pancake batter.
Also now we can add raisins to the dough, which we strain through the water. That’s how I got the batter for the easy cinnamon apple pancakes recipe, which we let rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
We Can Start Frying the Apple Pancakes
To do this, heat a pan at medium temperature and grease it with a little sunflower oil. When it is quite hot, put a ladle of dough in the middle of the pan and fry it on the first side.
You can use a round shape to get perfectly round pancakes, I chose to make them without, and give them a shape at the end. When the edges of the pancake have started to take on colour, turn them over and fry them on the other side as well.
After they are fried, take them out on a plate and let them cool a bit. I decided to fry them one by one, but you, if you have a bigger pan, you can fry several at once. We continue to fry them until the dough is finished.
Serving the Pancakes
I like to serve them like this, powdered with sugar and maple syrup or honey on top. They are amazing!
For design and extra flavor, I decorated them with a few pieces of strawberries.
If you like this easy cinnamon apple pancakes recipe and you are interested in other dessert recipes, I recommend the following from our blog:
- Cottage Cheese Donuts
- Best Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Perfect Yeast Doughnuts
- Best Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- Best Sweet Cornbread Recipe in a World
Easy Cinnamon Apple Pancake Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 1 cup wheat flour 200 g
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pieces whole eggs
- 2 pieces apples
- 50 g raisins
- 1 teaspoon rum aroma
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Soak the raisins in warm water and a teaspoon of rum essence and Grate the apples on a large grater.
- In a bowl, put the wheat flour, and add the vanilla sugar, baking powder and the baking soda. Add a pinch of salt and the sugar, then mix them a little with a whisk. Over the flour, add two whole eggs and the cinnamon. Add a cup of milk over the rest of the ingredients. Using a whisk, or a hand mixer, mix everything until we get a uniform composition.
- Add the grated apple and the soaked and strained raisins to the pancake batter. Rest the batter from 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan at medium temperature and grease it with a little sunflower oil. When it is quite hot, put a ladle of dough in the middle of the pan and fry it on the first side. When the edges of the pancake have started to take on colour, turn them over and fry them on the other side as well. Continue to fry them until the dough is finished.
- Serve the pancakes powdered with sugar and maple syrup or honey on top. You can decorate them with a few pieces of strawberries or other fruits.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Hi, I am Timea and together with my husband Laci we decided to invite you to our virtual kitchen, see how to cook and how tasty the Transylvanian cuisine is.Learn more