Let me show you one of the first desserts I learned to make: an easy cinnamon apple pancakes recipe, which we will serve with maple syrup and strawberries. It is a delicious dessert that is prepared in a relatively short time, but it is very loved, especially by children.
Table of Contents
Pancake recipes are very popular all over the world and are very varied. The batter can be made thicker or thinner, as we will do today, obtaining the well-known crepes we presented in the cream cheese filling crepes recipe.
Also, the pancake batter can be simple, and the pancakes are eaten with apple sauce on top, or as we do today, with apples incorporated in the batter.
Let’s See the Ingredients
We will essentially follow the basic recipes but with a few minor changes. So we will use in the batter recipe the basic ingredients: flour, eggs, and milk, to which we will add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
In this pancake batter, we will incorporate two grated apples, cinnamon, vanilla sugar and some raisins, which I had at home and decided to use. If you don’t have raisins, you can leave them out of the recipe, no problem.
How to Make the Easy Cinnamon Apple Pancakes Recipe?
For this, I decided to soak the raisins in warm water and a teaspoon of rum essence. You will see that you will feel a little rum aroma in the pancakes.
Make the Batter
In a bowl, put a cup of wheat flour, about 200 g, and add one tablespoon of vanilla sugar, a teaspoon of baking powder and half a teaspoon of baking soda. Add a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of sugar, then mix them with a whisk.
Over the flour, add two whole eggs and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Cinnamon is an ingredient that goes very well with apples, and I like it to feel in the apple pancakes.
And now, we add milk over the rest of the ingredients.
Using a whisk or a hand mixer, as I did, mix everything until we get a uniform composition. It doesn’t matter if you think you got a thin batter; the dough will thicken after you put the apples and let them sit for a while.
Preparing the Apples
Now we peel the apples. I chose to do this operation now so that the apples do not change colour and become brown.
Grate the apples on a large grater, then add them to the pancake batter.
Also, now we can add raisins to the dough, which we strain through the water. That’s how I got the batter for the easy cinnamon apple pancakes recipe, which we let rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
Frying the Apple Pancakes
To do this, heat a pan at medium temperature and grease it with sunflower oil. When it is quite hot, put a ladle of dough in the middle of the pan and fry it on the first side.
You can use a round shape to get perfectly round pancakes, and I chose to make them without and give them a shape at the end. When the edges of the pancake have started to take on colour, turn them over and fry them on the other side.
After they are fried, take them out on a plate and let them cool. I decided to fry them individually, but you can fry several at once with a bigger pan. We continue to fry them until the dough is finished.
Serving the Pancakes
I like to serve these cinnamon apple pancakes like this, powdered with sugar and maple syrup or honey on top. They are amazing!
I decorated them with a few pieces of strawberries for design and extra flavour.
If you like this easy cinnamon apple pancakes recipe and you are interested in other dessert recipes, I recommend the following from our blog:
- Cottage Cheese Donuts
- Best Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Perfect Yeast Doughnuts
- Best Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- Best Sweet Cornbread Recipe in a World
- Noodle Kugel With Raisins
- Best Cottage Cheese Dumplings
- Strawberry Mousse Recipe Without Gelatin
- Floating Island Cake Recipe
- Easy Black Forest Cake Recipe
- Apple Shortcrust Pastry Recipe
- Easy Apple Cake Recipe
Easy Cinnamon Apple Pancake Recipe
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 grater
- 1 cup wheat flour 200 g
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pieces whole eggs
- 2 pieces apples
- 50 g raisins
- 1 teaspoon rum aroma
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Soak the raisins in warm water and a teaspoon of rum essence and Grate the apples on a large grater.
- In a bowl, put the wheat flour, and add the vanilla sugar, baking powder and the baking soda. Add a pinch of salt and the sugar, then mix them a little with a whisk. Over the flour, add two whole eggs and the cinnamon. Add a cup of milk over the rest of the ingredients. Using a whisk, or a hand mixer, mix everything until we get a uniform composition.
- Add the grated apple and the soaked and strained raisins to the pancake batter. Rest the batter from 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan at medium temperature and grease it with a little sunflower oil. When it is quite hot, put a ladle of dough in the middle of the pan and fry it on the first side. When the edges of the pancake have started to take on colour, turn them over and fry them on the other side as well. Continue to fry them until the dough is finished.
- Serve the pancakes powdered with sugar and maple syrup or honey on top. You can decorate them with a few pieces of strawberries or other fruits.