King prawn noodles recipe is a new recipe for me today. I made it for the first time, but it was a real success being very tasty. It is an oriental-inspired recipe, which I modified a little, using my ingredients from the fridge.
Table of Contents
- I’ll Show You What Ingredients I Used
- How I Make the King Prawn Noodles Recipe
- Serving the Dish
I wanted to make an Asian recipe after serving Mie Goreng at a restaurant in the UK, based on egg noodles and king prawns. I modified the fried noodles recipe a bit, adding ingredients I had in the kitchen but keeping the Asian flavours in general.
I’ll Show You What Ingredients I Used
The primary ingredient is egg noodles, which is also the basis of the Mie Goreng recipe, which means fried noodles. I used 400 g, enough for 2-3 large portions.
As a source of protein, we can use chicken, fish or prawns; I will use king prawns, 150 g, pre-cooked and peeled.
For Asian flavours, I will use black soy sauce and teriyaki sauce, which will give the dish a dark colour.
And because we also need vegetables, we chose the version with frozen sliced peppers, frozen sliced carrots, fresh cabbage and spring onions.
To enrich the flavours with something sweet, I tried to add some fresh pineapple, which turned out great.
How I Make the King Prawn Noodles Recipe
Preparing the Ingredients
Because it is a recipe made quickly and does not require much time, it is good to prepare the ingredients. So I will slice the sweetheart cabbage into not very thin slices, and I will cut the spring onion into 0.5-1 inch pieces.
After I have prepared everything, I start frying the king prawns. For this, in a deeper pan (or a wok), I heated 50 ml of olive oil in which I fried the prawns, one minute on each side.
After frying the shrimp, I take them out on a plate, and I will add them towards the end of the cooking.
In the same pan where we fried the shrimp, add a little more olive oil, fry the vegetables, and start with the peppers and carrots.
You can use fresh vegetables instead of frozen, no problem. I fried for about 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time, after which I added sliced cabbage.
Fry everything for five minutes, stirring, until the cabbage softens but remains crispy. After that, I added the diced pineapple.
After another two minutes, I added the noodles, which I stirred with the vegetables with light movements.
Also, I have added the sauces, the black soy and teriyaki ones; these will give colour and texture to the dish and the noodles are cooked
The noodles will be cooked in three minutes, so I added the shrimp back to the pan and mixed lightly, leaving it to heat for a minute and absorb a slight aroma.
I added the onion at the end because I didn’t want to fry it but give a fresh and green shade to the dish.
Stir, leave on the fire for two or three minutes, and that’s it; the king prawn noodles recipe is ready to serve.
Serving the Dish
Because it is a warm pasta recipe, the king prawn noodle recipe is served immediately on the plate and with a glass of cold beer, just like we served.
If you liked the recipe and you want other recipes with different kinds of pasta, you can find more ideas in our blog, such as:
- Best Spaghetti Salad Recipe
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
- Best Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Turkey Lasagna With White Sauce
- Vegan Cabbage and Pasta Recipe
- Pasta With Pork Mince Mushrooms and Double Cream
- Noodle Kugel With Raisins
- Simple Tuna and Pasta Salad Recipe
King Prawn Noodles Recipe
- 400 g egg noodles
- 150 g king prawns cooked & peeled
- 3 tbsp black soy sauce
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 100 g sliced frozen bell peppers
- 50 g sliced frozen carrots
- ½ piece sweetheart cabbage
- 3 pieces spring onions
- 50 g pineapple
- 100 ml olive oil extra virgin
- We will slice the sweetheart cabbage into not very thin slices and we will cut the spring onion into 0.5-1 inch pieces. The pineapple we will cut in cubes.
- I heated the olive oil in the deeper pan in which I fried the prawns, one minute on each side. After frying the shrimp, we took them out on a plate and we will add them towards the end of cooking.
- Add a little more olive oil and fry the vegetables and first start with the peppers and carrots. I fried for about 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time, after which I added sliced cabbage. Fry everything for another five minutes and I added the diced pineapple.
- After another two minutes, I added the noodles, which I mixed with the vegetables with light movements. Also now I added the black soy sauce and teriyaki sauce, these will give colour and texture to the dish and in which the noodles are cooked. In three minutes the noodles are done, so I added the shrimp back to the pan. In the end, I added the onion stir, and leave on the fire for two or three minutes.
- Being a hot dish, it is served immediately on the plate, along with a glass of cold beer.