Today I decided to show you step by step how to cook a simple pork tenderloin stew recipe and which we will serve with pasta. Will be tender and so delicious!
In this recipe, we will focus on the meat and we will not use too many vegetables. But by cooking this stew slowly and with a few spices specific to Hungarian cuisine, we will get an excellent dish.
As I said, if in pork shoulder stew with mushrooms and sour cream recipe, I showed you a more complex and creamy stew, this is much simpler and lighter, but just as tasty.
Let’s See the Few Ingredients
We will use a piece of pork tenderloin, about 700 g, which we will cut into cubes. We can also use pork leg or neck, I chose a piece of meat with as little fat as possible.
The other ingredients used will be a medium-sized onion, a sweet red bell pepper, of which I will use only half and two cloves of garlic.
In addition to these basic ingredients, we will season with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, sweet paprika powder, caraway and tomato paste.
Prepare the Ingredients
We start with the pork, from which we cut the fatter parts, and then we cut it into not very small cubes.
I peeled the onion, then chopped it finely.
The same goes for the pepper, which I cut into small pieces, and I crushed the garlic with the knife blade and chopped it finely. We will put all this at once in the pot.
How to Cook This Simple Pork Tenderloin Stew Recipe!
This time we will start frying the meat first. For this, we will heat in a pan about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil or two tablespoons of lard. After the oil has heated, fry the diced meat.
Fry the meat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until it gets colored. In the first part, the meat will be fried, after which it will start to release from its own juice.
Now put the rest of the chopped ingredients over the meat.
Mix and season with a teaspoon of sea salt, a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper and a tablespoon of sweet paprika powder.
Stir again and let everything fry for a minute, then pour warm water over it to cover everything well. I put about 400 ml (two cups) of water.
Put a lid on the pan and let it boil over medium heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally. After about 45 minutes, we took the lid so that the water could evaporate and get a stew with less juice.
If the juice has dropped too much and the meat is still not cooked enough, you can add more water. And that’s it the simple pork tenderloin stew recipe, all we have to do is serve the dish.
Serving the Stew
I recommend serving as I did, that is with penne pasta, from which I boiled about 500 g for four servings.
If you liked the dish, you can find other stew recipes on our blog, such as:
- Best Turkey Stew Recipe
- Hungarian Hunter’s Stew Recipe
- Best Homemade Beef Stew Recipe
- Potatoes Stew With Smoked Sausage
- Best Lamb Stew Recipe
Simple Pork Tenderloin Stew Recipe
- large saucepan
- 700 g pork tenderloin cut in cubes
- 1 piece onion medium size
- 1/2 piece red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- 400 ml water
- 500 g penne pasta
- Heat in a pan about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil or two tablespoons of lard. After the oil has heated, fry the diced meat. Fry the meat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until it gets coloured. Put the chopped ingredients over the meat and mix.
- Season with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and sweet paprika powder. Stir and let everything fry for a minute, then pour warm water over it to cover everything well. Put a lid on the pan and let it boil over medium heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally. After about 45 minutes, we took the lid so that the water could evaporate and get a stew with less juice.
- I recommend to serve as I did, with penne pasta.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Hi, I am Timea and together with my husband Laci we decided to invite you to our virtual kitchen, see how to cook and how tasty the Transylvanian cuisine is.Learn more