If you want a recipe to lick your fingers, literally, I recommend the honey and garlic chicken wings recipe, sweet and spicy goodness. The recipe is ideal for a tasty dinner with a glass of white wine.
The chicken wings, after we roll them in seasoned flour, we will first deep fry them in sunflower oil. After we will make a warm and sticky spicy sauce and in which we will mix them.
What Is the Main Ingredient?
Of course, the chicken wings, of which I used about a kilogram, and it was enough for three or four people, especially if we serve with french fries.
The rest of the ingredients will be just spices, which I will present along the way.
How to Make the Honey and Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe?
I like that before frying the chicken wings, I roll them first with seasoned wheat flour.
For this, in a bowl, I will mix 150 g of wheat flour with a tablespoon of sea salt and two teaspoons of freshly ground pepper. I add another tablespoon of sweet paprika and two teaspoons of garlic powder.
Mix all these ingredients, then pour them over the wings and mix them well by hand, to cover them well everywhere.
Now we can fry the chicken wings. For this, I heated about 500 ml of sunflower oil in a deeper pan, but you can also use a fryer.
After the oil has heated up, we fry the chicken wings, why did we shake them before the excess flour.
After I put them in oil, I reduced the temperature to medium, and I fried them until they got a golden colour.
If they are fried, we take them out in a bowl, and we start to make the sticky sauce.
How to Make the Sticky Sauce?
We need a deeper pan that will fit all the chicken wings. Put about two tablespoons of olive oil and about 50 g of butter to heat.
Also now, we can add two tablespoons of brown sugar, which will melt with the butter.
Add the crushed garlic, about 3-4 cloves, depending on how flavorful you want it to be, and two tablespoons of honey.
I stirred lightly to blend, and while everything started to heat up, I added two tablespoons of soy sauce and two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
Be careful to work over low heat and stir constantly, so that the sauce does not burn. Now you can put the fried chicken wings in the sauce, and turn them on all sides, to be well covered by the sauce.
And ready, this is my honey and garlic chicken wings recipe, ready to serve.
How to Serve the Sticky Chicken Wings?
I like to serve them with french fries and a summer salad, they are delicious.
But they can also be consumed simply with a yogurt sauce with garlic or with a cheese sauce.
On our blog you can also find other chicken recipes such as:
Honey and Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 150 g wheat flour
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- 500 ml sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g salted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 pieces garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, mix the wheat flour with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, sweet paprika powder and garlic powder. Before frying the chicken wings, roll them first with this seasoned wheat flour.
- Heat about 500 ml of sunflower oil in a deeper pan, but you can also use a fryer. Put the chicken wings in the hot oil, after we shake them before the excess flour. Reduced the temperature to medium, and I fried them until they got a golden colour.
- Put in a deeper pan about two tablespoons of olive oil and about 50 g of butter to heat. Add the brown sugar, which will melt with the butter, the crushed garlic and two tablespoons of honey. Stir lightly to blend, and while everything started to heat up, add the soy sauce and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Put the fried chicken wings in the sauce, and turn them on all sides, to be well covered by the sauce. And ready, this is my honey and garlic chicken wings recipe, ready to serve.