If you are looking for a delicious, sugar-free banana bread recipe that you can make in just minutes, you are in the right place. This recipe is easy to follow and will result in a delicious breakfast for the family.
Table of Contents
As you know, banana bread is a bread made with mashed bananas that appeared as a recipe in North America during the 1930s. Over time, different variations of this recipe appeared, introducing other ingredients such as chopped nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans), raisins, chocolate flakes, fruits (blueberries, raspberries) or sweeteners (honey, syrup of maple, coconut sugar).
In today’s recipe, I will show you that you can make a loaf of delicious banana bread without adding sugar or other sweeteners, but only with the sweetness of bananas and raisins.
Why We Love the Banana Bread
This dessert, because it can be considered a dessert, has become a family favourite primarily due to the simplicity and ease with which it is made. You mix the ingredients, put them in the oven in a baking dish, and the dessert is ready.
This recipe can save ingredients from throwing them away, such as overripe bananas.
Banana bread, placed in a bag, can be easily kept for a few days, but the loaf can be frozen and consumed later.
Because this dessert is a sugar-free banana bread recipe, I will not use sugar, and its sweetness will be provided by three very ripe large bananas and 50 g of raisins.
To have the consistency of a dough, I need 220 g ( 1+1/2 cups) of self-rising flour, in which I also put a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate. We still need two eggs, 110 g of butter and two tablespoons of cream to make the dough lighter and creamier.
The last ingredients are to give more flavour to the sugar-free banana bread and intensify the sweet taste, adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
How to Make the Sugar-Free Banana Bread?
Preparing the Ingredients
Put the peeled bananas in a bowl or plate and with a fork, mash them well until you get a kind of banana mash.
This operation should be easy to make only if the bananas are overripe and soft, then put them aside.
Make the Dough
I will first beat the eggs with the cinnamon powder and the vanilla extract in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer or a whisk. Gradually add the melted butter and continue mixing until you get a creamy and foamy consistency.
Sift the flour over the eggs, add the sodium bicarbonate and mix with a spoon or spatula until all the flour is incorporated and you get a dough.
Now add the banana puree and the raisins, which I soaked in warm water in advance, and mix gently with the spatula continuously. If you incorporate the bananas, the dough will be much softer.
In the end, add the sour cream, mix a little more, and you will have a creamy and slightly fluid dough, almost like pancake batter.
Baking the Bread
Take a loaf pan that you line inside with baking paper and pour this composition into it.
Place the baking dish in the preheated oven at 160 C Fan (320 F) and bake it for approximately 45-55 minutes. The banana bread is ready when, if you stick a toothpick in the middle, it comes out clean.
Leave the banana bread to cool on a cooling rack, after which it can be sliced and served. This was my sugar-free banana bread recipe that I highly recommend you try and send us your opinions and recipes.
Can you eat banana bread if diabetic?
This recipe is more friendly to diabetics because it does not contain added sugar or sweeteners. But, because bananas contain a large amount of sugar and carbohydrates, it is recommended to consume them in moderation like any other dessert, i.e. one slice a day.
How do you substitute sugar for bananas?
Because ripe bananas are so sweet, they can easily be used as sugar substitutes in various recipes using only half the amount of banana puree compared to the amount of sugar required.
What can I use instead of brown sugar in banana bread?
You can use white sugar or a combination of white sugar and molasses, coconut sugar, honey, maple or agave syrup, demerara or turbinado sugar.
I like to serve this delicious sugar-free banana bread while still warm as a dessert because they are extraordinary. But it is just as good as breakfast, served with butter, honey, Nutella, or peanut butter.
This sugar-free banana bread recipe has found its place in my heart and has become one of our favourite desserts. I recommend you to try it, and I also recommend some of my much-tried desserts, such as:
- Hungarian Plum Dumplings
- Gluten-Free Yoghurt Cake
- Noodle Kugel With Raisins
- Best Cottage Cheese Dumplings
- Floating Island Cake Recipe
- Easy Black Forest Cake Recipe
- The Best Russian Cheesecake Recipe
- Sweet Fried Semolina Pussing Recipe
- Easy Cinnamon Apple Pancakes Recipe
Our recipes also appear on social networks, and if you want to be up to date with them, follow us and give us a like on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
More recently, you can see us at work on our YouTube channel and where you can subscribe.
Sugar-Free Banana Bread
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 loaf baking pan
- 1 spatula
- 3 pieces bananas ripe, large
- 2 pieces eggs large, free-range
- 220 g wheat flour self rising
- 110 g butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 50 g raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- Put the peeled bananas in a bowl or plate and with a fork, mash them well until you get a kind of banana mash.
- Beat the eggs with the cinnamon powder and the vanilla extract in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer or a whisk. Add the melted butter and continue mixing until you get a creamy and foamy consistency
- Sift the flour over the eggs, add the sodium bicarbonate and mix with a spatula until all the flour is incorporated and you get a dough.
- Add the banana mash and the raisins and mix gently with the spatula until incorporating the bananas, and the dough will be much softer.
- Add the sour cream, mix a little more, and you will have a creamy and slightly fluid dough.
- Take a loaf pan that you line inside with baking paper and pour this composition into it.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven to 160 C Fan (320 F) and bake it for approximately 45-55 minutes. Leave the banana bread to cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve this delicious sugar-free banana bread while still warm as a dessert or spread with butter, honey, Nutella, or peanut butter.