Cosori air fryer whole chicken is the perfect recipe for an ideal dinner, resulting in a chicken with tender, juicy meat and crispy skin. After the first try, it became the family’s favourite, and I think it will be a long time from now on.
Table of Contents
- Why We Love This Recipe?
- How to Make the Cosori Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe?
- Serving the Dish
Why We Love This Recipe?
There are many answers to this question, especially if we like chicken and when making oven-roasted chicken:
- First of all, it is perhaps the easiest way to make a tasty and filling dinner.
- I can cook for at least four people from a chicken, but depending on the garnish and the chicken size, I can make even six servings.
- Chicken cooked in an air fryer will always come out ideally, with crispy skin and soft and juicy meat on the inside.
- We only need three ingredients for this recipe, a free-range chicken, a little sunflower oil and spices to suit everyone’s taste.
- If you make it in the Cosori XL air fryer, not only does it fit a chicken of generous size, but you have ready-made presets, so you don’t have to sit next to it and check it.
I recommend trying other delicious Cosori air fryer recipes, such as:
I will need a 1.8 kg (4 lb) free-range chicken for dinner tonight, from which four generous portions will come out.
I will only need a tablespoon of sunflower oil (or other vegetable oil) and spices; I will use half a teaspoon of dried thyme, freshly ground pepper, garlic powder, vegetable mix and a teaspoon of sea salt.
And because I like the chicken’s skin to taste sweeter, I’ll finally grease it with a teaspoon of honey.
How to Make the Cosori Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe?
First, we will season the chicken with the spice mixture and cook it.
Seasoning the Chicken
To season the chicken, mix all the spices with the sunflower oil, pour it over the chicken and massage it well so that the spices penetrate well into the skin.
To make the Cosori air fryer whole chicken more fragrant, we could season it earlier and keep it in the fridge for a few hours, but I didn’t have time; I just seasoned it before putting it in the air fryer.
Setting the Cosori Air Fryer
Depending on what food we want to make, the Cosori air fryer has eleven pre-settings, of which we will press the chicken key on the screen, and the appliance will cook at 180 degrees Celsius for thirty minutes.
If you want to cook this recipe ideally, it is advisable to preheat the appliance before inserting the chicken; to do this, press the preheat and start key on the screen.
Cooking the Chicken
To make it easier to clean the Cosori air fryer after use, I will first put parchment paper in the air fryer basket and place it on the spiced chicken, first with the breast down.
Close the drawer, press the start key and let the appliance do its job for thirty minutes.
Turn Upside Down the Chicken
After half an hour, turn the chicken upside down and cook it for another half hour at 180 degrees Celsius (356 F).
You will see that the chicken will have a golden colour, with crisp skin and a great smell all over the house.
After the other thirty minutes had passed, I greased the chicken with honey with a brush and let it fry for another ten minutes. During this time, the honey will caramelize (don’t be scared of the dark colour, it’s not burned), and the skin will be even more crunchy and with a sweet, fantastic taste.
The Cosori air fryer whole chicken is ready, but before serving, it is good to let it sit for a while; I wrapped it in foil and let it rest for five minutes.
How to Reheat the Cold Chicken
If you have leftover chicken, you can keep the meat in the fridge in a saucepan for 4-5 days, and if you want to reheat it, it is enough to put it in the microwave for a few minutes.
But you can also make the remaining meat into a delicious salad, as you can see in the best homemade chicken salad recipe or some tasty sandwiches.
Serving the Dish
We chose a lighter version, and I made a garlic sauce that I poured over the chicken and made a delicious cabbage salad that went perfectly with the chicken.
The Cosori Air fryer whole chicken recipes are delicious among the family’s preferences, so I recommend some more delicious chicken recipes from our blog:
- Creamy Chicken Soup With Vegetables
- Best Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Easiest Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Baked Stuffed Whole Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Homemade Chicken Stew Recipe
- Best Homemade Chicken Salad Recipe
- Honey and Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe
- Best Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe
- Greek Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe
- Chicken Breast With Pineapple and Mayonnaise
- Roasted Chicken Legs in Oven
- Chicken Stew With Mushrooms and Sour Cream
Cosori Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- 1 parchment paper
- 1.8 kg whole chicken free range
- ½ tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp sea salt kosher
- ½ tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp vegetable mix
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix all the spices with the sunflower oil, pour it over the chicken and massage it well so that the spices penetrate well into the skin.1.8 kg whole chicken, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp ground pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp vegetable mix, 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Put parchment paper in the air fryer basket and place it on the spiced chicken, first with the breast down.
- Press the chicken key on the Cosori air fryer screen then press "start", and the appliance will cook at 180 degrees Celsius (356 F) for thirty minutes.
- After half an hour, turn the chicken upside down and cook it for another half hour at 180 degrees Celsius (356 F).
- Grease the chicken with honey with a brush and let it fry for another ten minutes.1 tsp honey
- Wrap the roasted chicken in foil and let it rest for five minutes.
- Serve the Cosori air fryer whole chicken whith cabbage salad and garlic sauce.