This delicious pork steak in air fryer served with french fries, garlic sauce and a summer salad is the best option for a quick and tasty dinner. It is so easy to make and with the best results that anyone who dares to cook it will succeed immediately.
Table of Contents
- Some Ideas
- Preparing the Pork Steaks
- Preparing the Air Fryer
- Frying the Meat
- Serving the Dish
What Kind of Pork Meat to Use for Steak?
My opinion and that of many is that pork shoulder steak is the most suitable to be fried both in the pan and on the grill, especially if it is a little marbled, that is, it contains threads of fat inside. During frying, these fats will melt, leaving the meat very juicy and soft, with a unique taste; it looks like a ribeye steak and which I recommend you try in the ribeye steak in air fryer recipe.
Why Did I Choose to Make Pork Steak in Air Fryer?
There are days when I would eat something tasty, but I don’t feel like cooking, sit next to the pan and be careful not to overcook the steak too much, and fill the whole kitchen and clothes with the smell of frying and so on.
Why Use Cosori XL Combo Air Fryer?
In those days, I prefer to use my air fryer, a Cosori XL Combo, which in my opinion is the best on the market at the moment, which makes my work a lot easier. Because I can set the appliance to what temperature and how long to fry the meat depending on how well you want it to be cooked (rare, medium or well done), or use the presets of the air fryer, and you don’t have to bother with the rest.
The amount of meat we need depends on the number of servings we want; usually, a steak per person will calculate. But because in our family, women eat one and men usually two pieces, I will average and fry about five slices for three servings.
So you need about three and a half pounds (1.1 lb) of pork shoulder steak for three generous servings, so I bought it whole and sliced it at home.
Preparing the Pork Steaks
The simplicity of the recipe also refers to seasoning; after slicing the meat, wipe the slices generously with a paper towel so that they are well dried, and season them with a half of teaspoons of sea salt and a half of teaspoons of freshly ground pepper on both sides.
That’s it, the meat is ready for frying.
Preparing the Air Fryer
Because the cooking or frying time in the air fryer is short (about 8 minutes), preheating the appliance first is a good idea. To do this, set the air fryer to 205 C (401 F) for four minutes and press start.
After the four minutes have passed, take the basket out of the air fryer and place parchment paper inside (don’t preheat it with this parchment paper), which helps me to clean easier the appliance later.
Frying the Meat
Although we don’t need oil to cook the pork steak in the air fryer, if you want to spray a little oil on the parchment paper so it doesn’t stick to the meat, then place the slices of meat in the basket.
Set the air fryer to 205 C (401 F) for eight minutes if you want to get the meat cooked rare, 10 minutes for medium or 12 minutes to do it well-done.
After eight minutes, take the meat out and let it rest for about four minutes to relax the fibres and be soft and juicy.
See how simple and fast it was? This was a recipe for pork steak in air fryer made instantly, and I invite you to see how I served it.
Serving the Dish
If you liked and are inspired by this pork steak in air fryer, you can also try the tasty air fryer teriyaki salmon for fish lovers, or other pork recipes on our blog such as:
- Slow-Cooked Pork Shoulder in Oven
- Braised Pork Knuckle Recipe
- Easy Oven Baked Pork Steak Recipe
- Pork Steak-With Friers, Salad and Garlic Sauce
- Fried Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- Pork and Sauerkraut Goulash
- Creamy Pork Stew Recipe
- Pork Shoulder Stew With Mushrooms and Sour Cream
- Cabbage Soup With Pork Meat
- Pasta With Pork Mince, Mushrooms and Double Cream
Pork Steak in Air Fryer
- 1 Cosori Air Fryer XXL
- 1 parchment paper
- 500 g pork shoulder steak sliced
- ½ tsp sea salt kosher
- ½ tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- Wipe the slices generously with a paper towel to dry well, and season them with sea salt and freshly ground pepper on both sides.
- To preheat, set the air fryer to 205 C (401 F) for four minutes and press start.
- Take the basket out of the air fryer and place a parchment paper inside (don’t preheat it with this parchment paper).
- If you want, spray a little oil on the parchment paper, so it doesn’t stick to the meat, then place the slices of meat in the basket.
- Set the air fryer to 205 C (401 F) for 8 minutes if you want to get the meat cooked rare, 10 minutes for medium and 12 minutes to be well-done.
- Take the meat out and let it rest for about four minutes.
- Serve with french fries, a garlic sauce and a summer salad of tomatoes and cucumbers.