Because during the week I usually don’t have much time for cooking, I thought of making something quick, tasty and healthy for dinner at the same time. The fried pork liver recipe served with garlic sauce and mashed potatoes is the ideal option for a tasty dinner, easy to cook and loved by the whole family.
Table of Contents
- Let’s See What Ingredients We Need?
- Preparing the Livers
- Preparing the Garlic Sauce
- How to Make the Fried Pork Liver Recipe?
- Serving This Great Dish
Due to the high content of nutrients, vitamins (especially vitamin A and vitamin D) and iron, the liver is often considered a “superfood“, so I try not to miss it from the family menu. For this recipe, the most indicated and most suitable is to use pork liver, due to the fact that it is bigger than chicken or turkey and we can work with it easier.
If you have chicken or turkey liver, I recommend you try my sautéed chicken liver with onion, you will see that it is delicious and tasty.
Let’s See What Ingredients We Need?
For three generous servings, we need about 660 g of fresh pork liver, because I don’t like to use frozen liver in this recipe. As ingredients, we also need a cup of milk in which I will soak the liver, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
I will serve fried pork liver with a simple sauce made of five cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt, sea salt, freshly ground pepper and a little sweet paprika.
Preparing the Livers
As I was saying, before I start frying, we have to prepare the liver, which means slicing it into the right pieces for the first time. Suitable pieces mean that they are about the same thickness, to be fried at the same time, but not too thin (at least 1 cm / 0.4 inch thick) because then they are fried too fast and will have a stronger texture.
We will also have to remove if certain pieces of the digestive tract or other organs are attached, leaving only the liver clean.
I put the slices of liver in a bowl and pour a cup of milk on them, which I let them soak for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. This operation is not necessary, many people do not, but I found that the liver previously soaked in milk will have a much more pleasant taste, be less pregnant, less bitter and have a much softer texture.
This is the fried pork liver recipe in my version so I recommend you try this method you will see what major differences you will get and I am convinced that you will love it.
Preparing the Garlic Sauce
Until the liver is soaked in milk, I start to prepare the garlic sauce, which is also made very quickly. For this, after I have cleaned the garlic cloves, I crush them in a bowl or a cup, in which I will prepare the sauce.
Season the crushed garlic with half a teaspoon of sea salt and a quarter teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
Mix the garlic with a tablespoon of oil, poured little by little like mayonnaise until we get a softer paste then I add a good spoonful of Greek yoghurt.
To give it a little colour and more flavour, I also put half a teaspoon of sweet paprika and mix further. In the end, I thin it with 2-3 tablespoons of water so that the taste is softer so that the garlic aroma does not predominate over the liver aroma.
How to Make the Fried Pork Liver Recipe?
After it has been soaked in milk, I take out the liver slices and dry them well on a kitchen towel. It is very important that the liver is very dry, otherwise, during frying, it will sprinkle with oil in the whole kitchen.
Season the liver only with freshly ground black pepper without adding sea salt because I found that it is better to salt it at the end, otherwise, the liver becomes gummier.
Frying the Livers
In a non-stick pan, heat about 75 ml of sunflower oil at medium temperature and then fry the liver slices. Because the liver tends to spray oil as if it were exploding, I usually push the pieces of the liver with the tip of a knife, making a few notches.
It is very important not to fry the liver too much because the texture changes and becomes stronger, only a minute or two on each side until it acquires a copper colour.
If they are fried, I take them out in a bowl and now I season them with sea salt, after which I continue to fry the rest of the liver. If necessary, add more oil to the pan.
This was the fried pork liver recipe, made in the style of Timea’s Kitchen and we are in a hurry to serve it while it is hot.
Serving This Great Dish
We like to serve the fried pork liver hot with this wonderful garlic sauce and mashed potatoes, but you can also use other garnishes such as french fries, rice, polenta or various salads.
If you like my fried pork liver recipe, I also recommend you try other quick recipes made in the pan from our blog such as:
- Easy Pan-Fried Steak Recipe
- Fried Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- Honey and Gerlic Chicken Wings Recipe
- Pork Steak-With Fries, Salads and Garlic Sauce
- Pan Fried Rainbow Trout Recipe
Don’t forget that you can also find us on social networks, if you want to be up to date with our new family recipes, give us a like and follow us on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages.
Fried Pork Liver Recipe
- 1 bowl
- 660 g pork liver fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt kosher
- 1 tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt full fat
- ½ tsp sea salt kosher
- ¼ tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- ½ tsp sweet paprika powder
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- Slice the livers into the same thickness pieces at least 1 cm / 0.4 inch thick and remove if certain pieces of the digestive tract or other organs are attached.
- Put the slices of liver in a bowl, pour a cup of milk on them and let them soak for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take out the liver slices from the milk and dry them well on a kitchen towel.
- Season the liver only with freshly ground black pepper without adding sea salt.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the sunflower oil at medium temperature and then fry the liver slices only a minute or two on each side until it acquires a copper colour.
- Take them out in a bowl and now season them with sea salt.
- Crush the garlic cloves in a bowl, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix it with a tablespoon of oil, poured little by little like from mayonnaise, until you get a softer paste
- Add the Greek yoghurt, the sweet paprika and mix further. Thin it with 2-3 tablespoons of water.