After many attempts to introduce cauliflower in the family menu, I succeeded with this recipe, which in my opinion is the best healthy cauliflower soup recipe, with carrots and served with sour cream.
Like the best creamed cauliflower recipe, this is a recipe that I cook quite often because it is my daughter’s favourite soup and that’s why I want to show you how to make it step by step. It is a simple recipe that anyone can make very easily and compare to other recipes we will leave the vegetable whole, we will not make cream soup.
Only a Few Ingredients
We need only a few ingredients, and of course, cauliflower is the basic ingredient, I chose a medium-sized piece from which we will get at least four servings of soup.
The second ingredient is carrots, I used four pieces, but it is your decision what is the quantity used, it is preferable that the cauliflower still dominates quantitatively. For the flavour, I will use a sweet pepper, but in the end, I will take it out of the soup.
Let me show you how to prepare these ingredients.
Preparing the Ingredients
We start with cauliflower, which we first cut into florets, after that, I cut the florets into small pieces.
Carrots, after peeling them, I cut them into small cubes, to bring the cooking time closer to that of cauliflower.
And the pepper, because I will use it only for taste, I cut it in half and took out its seeds.
How to Make the Best Healthy Cauliflower Soup Recipe?
Because I also learned this recipe in Transylvania where most soups are thickened in various methods, we will start now with a thickening. To do this, heat about 50 ml of sunflower oil in a soup pot, in which we will lightly fry two tablespoons of wheat flour.
Fry for about a minute, stirring constantly, and because we were talking about a recipe with Hungarian influences, we add two teaspoons of sweet paprika powder.
Now we have to move faster so that the paprika doesn’t burn and add the cut cauliflower florets, stirring again.
I immediately added the diced carrots to the pot.
And immediately add water, I put about 2.5 l so that the paprika does not burn, otherwise, it will become bitter. Put the peppers cut into two and two cubes of vegetable concentrate, cover the pot and let it boil over medium heat for about 30-35 minutes.
Season the soup with two teaspoons of sea salt, a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper and add a bunch of chopped parsley.
Taste and if necessary more season according to your tastes, I added the juice of half a lemon for a little acidity.
With this we finished our soup, that is, in my opinion, the best healthy cauliflower soup recipe, ready to serve and which I recommend you try too.
Serving the Soup
Because everyone has other preferences, I chose not to put sour cream in the pot, but to add a tablespoon of sour cream in the bowl and with a little extra lemon juice will be sensational.
If you liked the best healthy cauliflower soup recipe, I recommend you also try other soup recipes from our blog such as:
- Romaine Lettuce Soup
- Pork Meatballs Vegetable Soup
- Smoked Sausage Potato Soup
- White Bean Soup With Smoked Ribs
- Greek Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe
- Traditional Hungarian Goulash Recipe
- Best Fish Soup Recipe
- Hungarian Green Bean Soup Recipe
- Creamy Kohlrabi Soup Recipe
Best Healthy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- Soup Pot
- 1 piece cauliflower medium-size
- 1 piece yellow sweet pepper
- 4 pieces carrots
- 2 teaspoons sea salt kosher
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika powder
- 2 cubes vegetable stock
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 1/2 piece lemon juice
- 2.5 l water
- Broke the cauliflower into florets, after that, cut the florets into small pieces. Carrots, after peeling them, cut them into small cubes, to bring the cooking time closer to that of cauliflower. And the pepper, because I will use it only for taste, I cut it in half and took out its seeds.
- Heat about 50 ml of sunflower oil in a soup pot, in which we will lightly fry two tablespoons of wheat flour. Fry for about a minute, stirring constantly, and add two teaspoons of Hungarian sweet paprika powder. Add the cut cauliflower florets, stirring again, add the diced carrots and immediately add water, I put about 2.5 l. Put the peppers cut into two and two cubes of vegetable concentrate, cover the pot and let it boil over medium heat for about 30-35 minutes.
- Season the soup with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and add a bunch of chopped parsley. Taste and if necessary more season according to your tastes, I added the juice of half a lemon for a little acidity.
- Serve hot with a tablespoon of sour cream and possibly a little more lemon juice.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Hi, I am Timea and together with my husband Laci we decided to invite you to our virtual kitchen, see how to cook and how tasty the Transylvanian cuisine is.Learn more