This delicious and creamy chicken soup with vegetables served with lemon and chilli pepper it’s ideal for cool autumn and winter days. Because it is rich in vitamins and tasty, it has become one of my favourite soup recipes and I cook it quite often.
Table of Contents
- Let’s Start With the Ingredients
- Preparing the Ingredients For the Soup
- How to Make the Creamy Chicken Soup With Vegetables?
- Thickening the Soup
- How to Serve This Chicken Soup?
Generally, there are two types of chicken soups with vegetables in the family recipes. The first is the one in which we use only the stock obtained after cooking the meat with the whole vegetables, and in these soups, we add noodles or semolina dumplings, this being the family’s Sunday recipe.
The second is that they use finely chopped vegetables, and they stay on the plate with the meat, as in the Greek lemon chicken soup recipe or in the best creamy chicken soup recipe, the latter being similar to this creamy chicken soup with vegetables, except that we will not use rice or garlic in it.
Let’s start with the ingredients and I’ll show you step by step how I make this tasty soup.
Let’s Start With the Ingredients
The amount of soup I will cook is enough for 5-6 servings because I think the soup will be tastier if we cook it in larger quantities. I bought for this recipe a whole free-range chicken of 1.5 kg, of which after I unpack it, I will use all the parts, except the breast that I use in another recipe.
I will also cook vegetables along with the chicken, so I need four carrots, one parsley root, a quarter of the celery root, three celery stalks, a medium-sized mare, half a red pepper, and 100 g of frozen green peas.
In the end, I will make a thickening of the yolk of an egg and three tablespoons of sour cream and vomit the soup by adding the juice of a lemon and a bunch of chopped parsley.
Preparing the Ingredients For the Soup
Preparing the ingredients takes a little longer because we have to cut up the chicken and then clean and chop the vegetables.
Cut Up the Chicken
I start to cut up the chicken because it will be the first one I will boil. For this, I will first cut its wings, then the two whole legs, which will later separate into two: the drumsticks and thighs.
I will cut the chicken’s back and bone the breast, leaving only the bony part for the soup.
I will bone the two upper legs of the chicken, but I will also boil the bones that I removed because they will also give a unique taste to the soup. I will cut this bone and the back of the chicken in two.
And because the boneless thighs are too big to put on the plate, I will cut them into smaller pieces, so when serving, I will be able to divide the meat better for everyone.
Cut in Cubes the Vegetables
I washed the vegetables and then peeled the carrots, parsley root, celery root and onion. I cut the sweet red pepper in half and removed the seeds.
Apart from the onion, which I will use whole, I will cut all the other vegetables into small cubes of approximately equal size.
With the ingredients ready, all we have to do is start cooking.
How to Make the Creamy Chicken Soup With Vegetables?
To intensify the taste of the chicken a little more and make the creamy chicken soup with vegetables tastier, I decided, and I recommend you fry the chicken parts in a bit of oil first. For this, in the soup pot, I will heat two tablespoons of sunflower oil, in which I will put the meat to fry.
Season the meat with a teaspoon of sea salt, half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper and fry them for about two minutes on medium heat, stirring and turning them until they turn a whitish colour.
Pour two litres of hot water over the meat, add the cleaned but whole onion and season with a teaspoon of a vegetable mix for soups and two cubes of chicken stocks.
After the water has reached boiling temperature, reduce the temperature to a minimum and simmer for about thirty minutes. After the first minutes of boiling, remove the foam formed above the soup with a spoon so that the liquid will remain clean and transparent.
Add the diced vegetables and frozen green peas, add a litre of water, season with another teaspoon of sea salt, and simmer for another 30-40 minutes.
The creamy chicken soup with vegetables already looks promising. We have to thicken it a bit and give it the final finish.
Thickening the Soup
I will make a simple, flour-free thickening, putting the egg yolk and three tablespoons of sour cream in a bowl or cup.
With the help of a spoon, I will mix these two ingredients well until the yolk is incorporated into the sour cream, and I will obtain a homogeneous paste.
Add a few tablespoons of soup, one at a time, stirring to equalize the temperature and pour the thickener into the pot. When you do this operation, you recommend that you pull the pot off the heat to stop the boiling to avoid the sour cream cheesing.
In the end, I add the squeezed juice from a lemon, and a bunch of chopped parsley, and I recommend you taste it if you need to add more salt.
I’m done with this, this was the recipe for creamy chicken soup with vegetables in my version, I confess that I really like it.
How to Serve This Chicken Soup?
This chicken soup is served hot, with a bit of lemon next to it for an extra sour and hot pepper if you like. If you want you can add a tablespoon of sour cream on top, it is delicious.
If you tried this recipe and liked this creamy chicken soup with vegetables, on our blog you will find many tasty soup recipes such as:
- Best Healthy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- Hungarian Green Bean Soup Recipe
- Best Green Pea Soup Recipe
- Creamy Kohlrabi Soup Recipe
- Best Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Smoked Sausage Potato Soup
- Romaine Lettuce Soup Recipe
- Pork Meatballs Vegetable Soup
Images with creamy chicken soup with vegetables you can also find on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages, where you can give us a like and a share, and you can stay up to date with other recipe ideas.
Creamy Chicken Soup With Vegetables
- 1 Soup Pot
- 1.4 kg whole chicken cut up, without breast
- 4 pieces carrots
- 1 piece parsley root
- ¼ pieces celery root
- 3 pieces celery stalks
- 1 piece onion medium size
- ½ pieces red bell pepper
- 100 g green peas frozen
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 2 tsp sea salt kosher
- ½ tsp ground black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp vegetable mix for soups
- 2 pieces chicken stock cubes
- 1 piece egg yolk free range
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 piece lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 3 l water warm
- Cut up the chicken, will use the thighs, drumsticks, wings, chicken’s back and breast bone. Bone the pulp and cut the boned pulp into pieces.
- Wash and peel the vegetables, then cut in small cubes, but the onion leave it whole.
- Heat the sunflower oil in the soup pot, in which I put the chicken parts to fry. Season the meat with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and fry them for about two minutes on medium heat.
- Pour hot water over the meat, add the whole onion, season with the vegetable mix for soups and chicken stock cubes, simmer for thirty minutes. Remove the foam formed above the soup with a spoon.
- Add the diced vegetables and frozen green peas, add a litre of water, season with sea salt and simmer for another forty minutes.
- Put the egg yolk and the sour cream in a bowl or cup and mix them well until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Add a few tablespoons of soup to the thickener, stirring to equalize the temperature and pour the thickener into the pot. Add the lemon juice and the chopped parsley.
- Serve hot, with a bit of lemon next to it for an extra sour, more sour cream on top and chilli pepper.