Because I needed to eat something sweet, I thought to show you how I make the cream cheese filling crepes recipe. It is an easy, fast recipe that is delicious and can serve in many variations.
Table of Contents
Do You Need Some Crepes Filling Ideas?
Sweet crepes can fill with different ingredients such as cottage cheese, other jams ( raspberry, strawberry, apricots, blueberry ), fresh fruits or fruit reductions, chocolate or peanut butter, and ice cream.
Let’s See the Ingredients
For this recipe, and generally for the crepes batter recipe, we use wheat flour, eggs, milk, sugar, and carbonated mineral water or soda.
To have a more delicate taste, I put a little butter in the batter, which I will melt in advance. We can use fresh cow cheese, cottage cheese, or cheese cream for the filling.
How to Make the Cream Cheese Filling Crepes Recipe?
The process is straightforward and I will first make the crepes batter, from which I will fry the crepes, which will finally fill.
Make the Batter
First, I’ve beaten the eggs well in a bowl with a whisk.
I add melted butter and sugar and beat until the sugar dissolves completely.
Add the flour and mix with the whisk until it is well homogenized. In the end, I used to turn the sparkling water and mix it up to get a more fluid batter.
Prepare the Cheese for Filling
I take a smaller bowl, put the cheese in and on top of which, I’ve to grate the zest from one lemon. I also add two tablespoons of sugar and a drop of vanilla extract.
We mixed everything until we got a homogeneous paste. If the cheese is too dry, you can also put a spoonful of sour cream.
Frying the Crepes
I heat a non-stick pan, greasing it with a bit of sunflower oil, and I used a pastry brush for it.
When the pan is hot, I pour one layer of batter into the pan with a ladle. I’ve stretched the composition to be a thin layer over the entire surface of the pan.
Fry for 1-2 minutes, and when the edges of the crepe begin to catch the colour, turn the crepe to the other side.
I left it to fry for another minute, then flipped it over a plate.
I repeat this operation until I finish all the batter from the bowl.
Filling the Crepes
After we have finished frying all the crepes, we can go over to fill them. Put a tablespoon of cheese on the pancake, and spread it halfway.
Put the other half over, then fold it once more. Whoever wants can roll the crepes, thus obtaining another shape.
We’ll continue until we finish all the crepes. And done, this was my cream cheese filling crepes recipe, which you can serve now while it is hot.
Serving the Dessert
I recommend warmly serving these cream cheese-filling crepes with some sugar powder.
Put a little raspberry jam on top; it will be delicious.
If you like this cream cheese filling crepes recipe, on our blog, you can find other dessert recipes such as:
- Sweet Fried Semolina Pudding Recipe
- Best Easy Apple Cake Recipe
- Easy Cinnamon Apple Pancakes Recipe
- Best Sweet Cornbread Recipe in a World
- Noodle Kugel With Raisins
- Strawberry Mousse Recipe Without Gelatine
- Best Cottage Cheese Dumplings
- Floating Island Cake Recipe
- Easy Black Forest Cake Recipe
- Apple Shortcrust Pastry Recipe
Enjoy this dessert!
The size of the cream cheese filling crepes depends on the pan used; I used a pan of 24 cm.
For frying, instead of oil, you can use unsalted butter.
Cream Cheese Filling Crepes Recipe
- 500 g wheat flour
- 500 ml milk
- 3 pieces eggs
- 400 ml mineral water
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 500 g cottage cheese or cream cheese
- 1 pieces lemon zest
- 1 cup vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- In a bowl, the first time we beat eggs well with a whisk. Add melted butter and sugar, and beat until the sugar melts completely.
- Continue to add the flour and mix with the whisk until it is well homogenized. At the end we used to turn the mineral water, and mix up to get a more fluid batter.
- I go down the smaller bowl, put the cheese on top of which I pee the zest from a lemon. I also add two tablespoons of sugar and a drop of vanilla extract. After that I mixing everything until I’ve got a homogeneous paste. If the cheese is too dry, you can also put a spoonful of sour cream.
- I am heating a pan, which will grease with a little sunflower oil. I used a pastry brus for it. When the pan is hot, with a ladle, I pour one layer of batter into the pan. I stretch the composition to be thin layer over the entire surface of the pan. When we see that the edges of the crepe begin to catch the color, we turn the crepe on the other side.
- I left him to fry for another minute, then I flipped it over a plate. I repeat this operation until I finish all the batter from the bowl.
- After I have finished frying all the crepes, I can go over to fill them. Put a tablespoon of cheese on the pancake, and spread it halfway. We put the other half over, then fold it once more. I’ll continue until we finish all the crepes.
- Serve hot, with a little sugar powder and raspberry jam on the top.