Want a quick and tasty salad idea? Try the butter beans salad recipe, a simple dish with red onions and sundried tomatoes, perfect for a quick lunch or as a side dish with meatballs or breaded chops. It is a healthy recipe that can be consumed by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians if you add smoked sausages, for example.
Table of Contents
- How to Make the Butter Beans Salad Recipe?
- Serving the Beans Salad
In the past, I used to make this recipe most often when I was cooking white bean soup with smoked ribs, and after the beans were cooked, I took out 2-3 big spoons of beans from the soup and made this salad. It was terrific, mainly because it had a unique taste of boiling along the smoked ribs.
Today, however, I will simplify the recipe, and I will use canned butter beans, perfect for this type of salad, and you will see that it will do it very quickly.
We need for this recipe three cans of butter beans and one red onion from which we will make a salad for three people.
You have to be careful to use canned beans in water and not with tomatoes, which is not suitable for this recipe; instead, the beans can be of another type such as cannellini beans or even of another colour kidney beans.
To make the salad more delicious, I will add some sun-dried tomatoes whose aroma will raise the salad to another level.
How to Make the Butter Beans Salad Recipe?
Preparing the Ingredients
You will see how simple it is, and anyone can do it even without any experience in cooking. We open the canned beans and pour the contents into a sieve and let them drain the juice. Some wash the beans under a stream of water, and I didn’t do that, I allow the beans to drain.
After it had drained, I put the beans in a bowl to make and mix the salad. We are going to clean and cut the red onion.
After cutting the onion in half, I sliced it thinly to stand out among the beans. But whoever wants to can chop it up, it’s no problem. Also, instead of red onions, you can use shallot, which is a little sweeter and tastes less prominent.
Mix All the Ingredients
Sprinkle the sliced onion over the beans in a bowl, unwrapping it by hand to spread better through the beans.
I will season the salad first with half a teaspoon of sea salt and half a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. I added two tablespoons of oil, and I put sunflower oil, but you can also use extra virgin olive oil.
Mix everything lightly with a spoon, then add a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley, but I used frozen chopped parsley because I didn’t have it.
Mix, and if you find it too dry, you can add a little more oil. Following the final part, add the sun-dried tomatoes. For this, I took three pieces out of the jar (you can put more), and I chopped them not very finely.
I must tell you that these tomatoes are very fragrant and give a particular taste to any food, and I recommend you use them especially when it is not the season for tomatoes. Add them to a bowl over the other ingredients and add half a teaspoon of the vegetable mix for soups.
The last light mixing follows, after which I recommend you let the salad sit for at least 10-15 minutes to combine all the flavours.
And that’s it, I’ve finished the recipe, so this is the simple butter beans salad recipe ready to serve!
Serving the Beans Salad
It can be served with a bit of fresh bread or with meatballs or other types of fried meat. You can also add smoked sausages, bacon or leftover meat to the salad.
Try this simple butter beans salad recipe, and if you like it, I also recommend other salads on our blog, such as:
- Simple Tuna and Pasta Salad Recipe
- Best Homemade Chicken Salad Recipe
- Grilled Apricot Salad Recipe
- Chicken Breast With Pineapple and Mayonnaise
- Tomato Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
Butter Beans Salad Recipe
- 3 can butter beans in water
- 1 piece red onion large size
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tsp sea salt kosher
- ½ tsp ground pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 3 pieces sundried tomatoes
- ½ tsp vegetable mix from soup
- Open the canned beans and pour the contents into a sieve and let them drain the juice. Cut the onion in half and sliced it thinly. Sprinkle the sliced onion over the beans in a bowl, unwrapping it by hand to spread better through the beans.
- Season the salad first with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and add two tablespoons of sunflower oil. Mix everything lightly with a spoon, then add the freshly chopped parsley. Mix, and if you find it too dry, you can add a little more oil.
- Take three pieces of sundried tomatoes out of the jar (you can put more), and I chopped them not very finely. Add them in a bowl over the other ingredients and add half a teaspoon of the vegetable mix for soups.
- Remix it, after which I recommend you let the salad sit for at least 10-15 minutes to combine all the flavours.
- It can be served with a little fresh bread or with meatballs or other types of fried meat. You can also add smoked sausages, bacon or leftover meat to the salad.