An idea for a light but tasty dinner would be a salad. That’s why I thought I’d show you a tomato avocado egg salad recipe, an easy and quick dinner.
Table of Contents
- My Ingredients From the Fridge
- Let’s Make the Tomato Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- Seasoning the Salad
- Serving this Delicious Salad
These salads depend on everyone’s imagination and the ingredients in the fridge. But with a few ideas, you can get great dishes.
My Ingredients From the Fridge
I used two salads, two pieces of avocado, about 200 g of Greek feta cheese and about 150 g of cherry tomatoes.
We also found some pitted olives, of which we used about 150 g and a little smoked bacon, about 100 g. We will also need the juice from a lemon.
To make the salad as rich as possible, I decided to put five hard-boiled eggs.
Let’s Make the Tomato Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
For this, we will take each ingredient separately and prepare it for the salad.
First, I fried the bacon. For this, I put the bacon in a pan, and over medium heat, I fried it until it got a golden colour.
Remove the fried bacon on a paper towel, and let it cool.
Next is the romaine lettuce, in which I detached the leaves into pieces and washed each one.
Then I simply cut them into pieces, but they can be broken by hand if you want.
Put the sliced lettuce in a larger bowl where we will mix the salad at the end.
Next comes the avocado, which after removing it with a spoon from the peel, I cut into slices.
Then we put the sliced avocado over the lettuce.
I cut the Greek feta cheese into not too big cubes.
We put them in a bowl over the lettuce. If you don’t want it to crumble, you can put the cheese at the end.
We cut the cherry tomatoes according to their size, the smallest in two, or if they are bigger in four. In summer, when it is tomato season, you can also use ripe tomatoes if they are fragrant.
We also put the cherry tomatoes in the bowl.
Now we add the pitted olives, I put both green and black olives.
In the end, I used eggs. These were first boiled for about 10 minutes until I got hard-boiled eggs. I cleaned them and let them cool, after which I cut them into pieces.
We also put cut eggs in the bowl.
Seasoning the Salad
I like to season simply, with salt, pepper and oregano, these being the dry ingredients.
And now we season with wet ingredients. We can make in a jar or glass a mix of 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil, one lemon juice, a tablespoon of French mustard and two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Mix or shake well, then pour the dressing over the salad.
Let’s not forget the fried bacon, which we add to the salad.
Stir carefully so as not to crush the cheese and eggs too much.
And that’s it the tomato avocado egg salad recipe, we can serve it.
Serving this Delicious Salad
It can be served as such, as a delicious light dinner.
But it can also be served as a side dish to steak chicken leg, for example.
Tomato Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- 1 mixing bowl
- 2 pieces romaine lettuce
- 2 pieces avocados
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 g Greek feta cheese
- 150 g pitted olives
- 100 g smoked bacon
- 1 piece lemon juice
- 5 pieces eggs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp French mustard
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Put the bacon in a pan, and over medium heat, I fried it until it got a golden colour. Remove the fried bacon on a paper towel, and let it cool.
- Next is the romaine lettuce, which I cleave the leaves into pieces and washed each one then I simply cut them into pieces. The avocado, which after removing it with a spoon from the peel, I cut into slices. Cut the Greek feta cheese into not too big cubes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes according to their size, the smallest in two, or if they are bigger in four. Boiled the eggs for about 10 minutes, until I got hard boiled eggs. I cleaned it and let it cool, after which I cut them into pieces.
- Put all the ingredients one by one, as you cut them, in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Make a dressing with olive oil, mustard, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar, and pour over tha salad.