I don’t know how you are, but for me, it seems like a simple tuna and pasta salad recipe is perfect for a quick and delicious lunch or dinner. Besides the fact that we can do it quickly, we can use almost anything we have in the kitchen, and it just depends on our imagination.
Table of Contents
- The Ingredients
- Let’s Prepare the Ingredients for the Tuna Salad
- How to Make the Simple Tuna and Pasta Salad Recipe?
- Serving the Tuna Salad
There are many salad recipes with tuna, both with and without pasta, this being one of them, which I will give you an idea of how easy and varied you can make this recipe.
We have two essential ingredients, canned tuna and pasta. You can use any short pasta from pasta, penne as I used, fusilli or conchiglie or even farfalle pasta, which you will like more. Because I didn’t want the pasta to dominate the salad, I only used 200 g of penne pasta.
The tuna must be chunks, not shredded, and I like it in sunflower oil or olive oil, it is much more delicious, and we can use the oil in it; it does not need to drain it. Because this salad will be for four large portions, I will use three cans of tuna about 350 g of tuna meat.
The rest of the ingredients are at the discretion of everyone who uses them. I used cucumber, sweet red bell pepper and a few pieces of spring onions.
Because I had a bag of a salad mix (shredded beetroot, lambs lettuce, apollo lettuce) at home, I decided to use it, so about 160 g of bistro salad.
And of course, because there is almost no tuna salad without sweet corn, I will use a can of sweetcorn, about 285 g.
I will also use the juice from a lemon and a handful of chives, which will give a unique aroma to our dish.
Let’s Prepare the Ingredients for the Tuna Salad
Because it’s about a cold salad, first we put the pasta to boil in water with a spoonful of salt, which after they have cooked, we have to cool them under a stream of water.
Until the pasta boils, clean and cut the vegetables. Start with the cucumber that you will cut into not too big cubes.
You will do the same with spring onions and the sweet red bell pepper, which you will cut into small pieces.
Finely chop the chives, some of which we will use directly in the salad and sprinkle the rest on top for design.
With the ingredients prepared, let’s start making this delicious salad.
How to Make the Simple Tuna and Pasta Salad Recipe?
For this, you will need a giant mixing bowl, in which you will mix all the ingredients. The first time put the salad mix in the bowl and the chopped cucumbers over this.
Follow the rest of the vegetables, spring onions and red bell peppers cut into cubes.
Then add the canned tuna with oil and canned corn strained from its liquid.
Season with a tablespoon of sea salt, two teaspoons of ground red pepper and a teaspoon of dried oregano. Mix everything lightly so that the pieces of tuna would not crumble too much.
Now add the cooked and drained pasta. I chose to add this at the end because now I can decide how much I want to put in to dominate the salad. Also, now add two-thirds of the chopped chives and the juice from a lemon, and mix again.
Taste and, if necessary, season more. I added half a tablespoon of sea salt. It is advisable to let the salad rest for at least fifteen minutes to mix the flavours. Because the pasta absorbed a lot of the juice from the salad, I added another 50 ml of sunflower oil. That’s it! My simple tuna and pasta salad recipe is ready to serve.
Serving the Tuna Salad
On a flat plate, serve at room temperature, sprinkled with the remaining chives chopped on top and a glass of white wine.
If you liked this simple tuna and pasta salad recipe, I recommend you try other salad recipes on our blog, such as:
- Best Homemade Chicken Salad Recipe
- Tomatoes Caprese Salad Recipe
- Grilled Apricot Salad Recipe
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
- Tomato Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- The Best Greek Salad Recipe
Simple Tuna and Pasta Salad recipe
- 200 g penne pasta
- 3 cans tuna chunks in sunflower oil
- 160 g bistro salad
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 1 piece cucumber
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 6 pieces springs onions
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 piece lemon juice
- 1,5 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- Put the pasta to boil in water with a spoonful of salt, which, after they have cooked, we have to cool under a stream of water. Until the pasta boils, will clean and cut the vegetables.
- Start with the cucumber that you will cut into small cubes. You will do the same with spring onions and the sweet red bell pepper, which will chop into identical pieces.
- Put the salad mix in the bowl over which add the cucumbers cut into cubes. Follow the rest of the vegetables, spring onions and red bell peppers cut in cubes.
- Add the canned tuna with sunflower oil and canned corn strained from its liquid. Season with sea salt, ground pepper and dried oregano, then mix lightly.
- Continue with the cooked and drained pasta, two-thirds of the chopped chives and the lemon juice, and mix again.
- Taste and, if necessary, season more. Because the pasta absorbed a lot of the juice from the salad, I added a little sunflower oil. Rest 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Serve at room temperature on a flat plate, sprinkled with the remaining chives chopped on top and a glass of white wine.