I don’t know how you are, but for me, it seems like a simple tuna and pasta salad recipe it is perfect for a quick and delicious lunch or dinner. Besides the fact that it can be done in a very short time, we can use almost anything we have in the kitchen, it just depends on our imagination.
There are many salad recipes with tuna, both with and without pasta, this being one of them, in which I will give you an idea of how easy and varied you can make this recipe.
And Now the Ingredients
We have two basic ingredients, canned tuna and pasta. From pasta, you can use any kind of short pasta, penne as I used, fusilli or conchiglie or even farfalle pasta, which you will like more. Because I don’t want the pasta to dominate the salad, I only used 200 g of penne pasta.
The tuna must be chunks, not shredded, and I like it in sunflower oil or olive oil, it is much more delicious and we can use the oil in it, it does not need to be drained. Because this salad will be for four large portions, I will use three cans of tuna, about 350 g of tuna meat.
The rest of the ingredients are at the discretion of everyone who uses them, I used cucumber, sweet red bell pepper and a few pieces of spring onions.
Because I had a bag of a salad mix (shredded beetroot, lambs lettuce, apollo lettuce) at home, I decided to use it, so about 160 g of bistro salad.
And of course, because there is almost no tuna salad without sweet corn, I will use a can of sweetcorn, about 285 g.
We will also use the juice from a lemon and a handful of chives, which will give a special aroma to our dish.
Let’s Prepare the Ingredients for the Tuna Salad
Because it’s about a cold salad, first we put the pasta to boil in water with a spoonful of salt, which after they have boiled, we have to cool them under a stream of water.
Until the pasta boils, we will clean and cut the vegetables. We start with the cucumber that we will cut into not too big cubes.
We will do the same with spring onions and the sweet red bell pepper, which we will cut into not very small pieces.
Finely chop the chives, some of which we will use directly in the salad and sprinkle the rest on top, for design.
With the ingredients ready, let’s start making this delicious salad.
How to Make the Simple Tuna and Pasta Salad Recipe?
For this we need a larger mixing bowl, in which we will mix all the ingredients. The first time I put the salad mix in the bowl over which I put the cucumbers cut into cubes.
Follow the rest of the vegetables, spring onions and red bell peppers cut in cubes.
Then add the canned tuna with oil and canned corn strained with its own liquid.
I seasoned with a tablespoon of sea salt, two teaspoons of ground red pepper and a teaspoon of dried oregano, after which I mixed everything lightly so that the pieces of tuna would not crumble too much.
Now I add the cooked and drained pasta. I chose to add them at the end because now I can decide how much I want to put in them, so as not to dominate the salad. Also now I added two-thirds of the chopped chives and the juice from a lemon, and mix again.
Taste and if necessary season more, I added half a tablespoon of sea salt, and it is advisable to let the salad rest for at least fifteen minutes to mix the flavours. Because the pasta absorbed a lot of the juice from the salad, I added another 50 ml of sunflower oil. And that’s it, that’s it the simple tuna and pasta salad recipe, ready to serve.
Serving the Tuna Salad
Serve at room temperature, on a flat plate, sprinkled with the remaining chives chopped on top and a glass of white wine.
If you liked this simple tuna and pasta salad recipe, I recommend you try other salad recipes on our blog such as:
- Best Homemade Chicken Salad Recipe
- Tomatoes Caprese Salad Recipe
- Grilled Apricot Salad Recipe
- Easy Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
- Tomato Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
- The Best Greek Salad Recipe
Simple Tuna and Pasta Salad recipe
- mixing bowl
- 200 g penne pasta
- 3 cans tuna chunks in sunflower oil
- 160 g bistro salad
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 1 piece cucumber
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 6 pieces springs onions
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 piece lemon juice
- 1,5 tbsp sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- Put the pasta to boil in water with a spoonful of salt, which after they have boiled, we have to cool them under a stream of water. Until the pasta boils, we will clean and cut the vegetables. I start with the cucumber that I will cut into not too big cubes. I will do the same with spring onions and the sweet red bell pepper, which I will cut into not very small pieces.
- I put the salad mix in the bowl over which I put the cucumbers cut into cubes. Follow the rest of the vegetables, spring onions and red bell peppers cut in cubes. Then add the canned tuna with oil and canned corn strained with its own liquid. I seasoned with sea salt, ground pepper and dried oregano, after which I mixed everything lightly. Now I add the cooked and drained pasta and two-thirds of the chopped chives and the juice from a lemon, and mix again.
- Taste and if necessary season more and because the pasta absorbed a lot of the juice from the salad, I added a little sunflower oil. Rest 15 minutes and serve at room temperature, on a flat plate, sprinkled with the remaining chives chopped on top and a glass of white wine.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Hi, I am Timea and together with my husband Laci we decided to invite you to our virtual kitchen, see how to cook and how tasty the Transylvanian cuisine is.Learn more