If you have a festive lunch and you want to offer an aperitif, I recommend the best smoked salmon cream cheese recipe, which you serve spread on toast with a slice of cucumber, it’s gorgeous. You can make this recipe with children because it is simple and very delicious, it does not require much time for preparation.
Of course, you can buy salmon cream cheese from the store, but you will see, if you make a homemade spread with real smoked salmon, its taste will be more intense and tastier than the one from the store.
The main ingredient in this recipe is cream cheese, from which I used 400 g, and I chose a simple cream, without other flavours.
I will enrich this cream with 120 g of smoked salmon, I chose sliced salmon but you can take smoked salmon fillets and cut them into small pieces. If you want the taste of salmon to be stronger, you can use a larger amount in the recipe.
I will use another indispensable ingredient for me, namely the chives, because I really like its aroma and it goes very well with cream cheese, from which we need 25 g, about a bunch.
And to adjust the acidity of the cream a bit, I’ll add a little lemon juice, I think a quarter of lemon is enough. You can also add or replace the chives with dill, you can also add the grated peel of the lemon or even a little paprika, there are many options to flavour the spread.
I will add a little dill at the end, about one teaspoon, just to give it a little more flavour.
Preparing the Ingredients
Depending on how you want to mix the ingredients, we will prepare them that way. Who mixes them with an electric mixer, does not require much preparation, but because I mix them manually, first I will finely chop the ingredients.
I will start with chives that I will chop finely, but I will leave only a few threads for the final design, to look better.
We are going to take care of the slices of smoked salmon, which I will chop finely, depending on how everyone wants to feel in the cream.
How to Make the Best Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Recipe?
Nothing simpler, all we have to do is mix the ingredients. We take a mixing bowl and put the cream cheese in it first.
Over the cream cheese, I will first add the chopped chives, with which I will mix it first. I do this because I don’t want smoked salmon to break into even smaller pieces.
Now I add the pieces of chopped salmon and the juice of a quarter of a lemon and then I mix them lightly with a wooden spoon.
The final test follows, that is, I tasted the spread and I thought of adding a pinch of sea salt, a pinch of freshly ground pepper and a teaspoon of finely chopped dill.
That’s it the best smoked salmon cream cheese recipe, now I prepare the slices of toast and show you how we served it.
Serving the Aperitif
The serving methods are innumerable, it can be served with crackers, fresh vegetables, toast or toasted French baguette. I will use slices of toast cut in half and on which I will place a thin slice of cucumber, extraordinarily delicious.
Best Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Recipe
- mixing bowl
- 400 g cream cheese original
- 120 g smoked salmon chopped
- 25 g chives chopped
- 1/4 piece lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt kosher
- 1 pinch ground pepper freshly groud
- 1 tsp dill chopped
- 1.I will start with chives that I will chop finely, but I will leave only a few threads for the final design.2.Chop finely the smoked salmon slices, depending on how everyone wants to feel in the cream.
- 3.Take a mixing bowl and put the cream cheese in it first.4.Over the cream cheese, I will first add the chopped chives, with which I will mix it first.5.Now I add the pieces of chopped salmon and the juice of a quarter of a lemon and then I mix them lightly with a wooden spoon.6.I taste the spread and I thought of adding a pinch of sea salt, a pinch of freshly ground pepper and a teaspoon of finely chopped dill.
- 7. I will use slices of toast cut in half and on which I will place a thin slice of cucumber, extraordinarily delicious.
Hi, I am Timea and together with my husband Laci we decided to invite you to our virtual kitchen, see how to cook and how tasty the Transylvanian cuisine is.Learn more